Paedophile left to die alone after vomiting blood in prison

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
A paedophile who vomited up blood died after being left on his own in a prison hospital wing, an inquest has heard.

Peter Gibson, 68, started coughing up blood in the canteen at HMP Frankland and was taken for treatment.

He then waited several hours before an ambulance arrived and County Durham Coroner’s Court was told no healthcare assistants checked up on him.

Gibson had served two years of a 13-year prison offence for four counts of rape rape and 15 child sex offences against two young girls in the 90s, according the Chronicle.

In 1998 he was given a six-year sentence for child rape.

Senior Coroner Andrew Tweddle said: ‘It stuck me as being almost unbelievable that what happened in this case happened.

‘That Mr Gibson was left unsupervised for quite a period of time when there was clearly a medical concern from a nurse and a doctor.’
Thoughts?

beowulf

oh dear how sad

and now for some more important news.............i found some fluff in my belly button this morning

R

Rinko

I'm not condoning what paedophiles do but if that had been a member of either of your families would your attitude still be the same ?
Counterpoint, what if it had been your daughter he raped?

R

Rinko

I still maintain that prisons & prison officers are paid to not only keep prisoners in jail but also keep them safe.
Certainly, that is their job and they failed in that. I am merely pointing out that we could play this game of 'pin the tail on the what-if' all day, but the man who died was still a horrible, disgusting subhuman who probably deserved it. His health should have been looked after far better, from a logical point of view the prison service should be held to task for their part in this failure. But the man who died was a convicted multiple-child rapist, and I, like many, struggle to find sympathy for a creature like that.

APS

Unarmed
I'm not going to lose sleep over the fact he died but I wont rejoice either.
As you say the Prison service needs to be held to count.

Bluezone777

The job of a doctor or anyone for that matter in the field of medicine is to treat their patients based strictly on their medical needs and not to make any determinations on how to treat them based on personal bias. The sort of logic that says it's fine for a doctor to neglect a pedophile is the same logic another could use to justify mistreating the poor, or someone of a certain race, sexual orientation, etc. I hope they get to the bottom of it and take any action necessary to rectify the situation and punish whoever is deemed to have done wrong in the matter if any were found to be at fault in this case.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
From experience, 'it happens'.

Those so incarcerated often have pre-existing medical conditions that are often undiagnosed.

Also, some of those same individuals are also hypochondriacs who use every sniffle and ache to beg for attention from prison medical staff who have, quite literally, seen and heard it all.

If I was doing the incident report on his demise, I would end it with, "inmate was evidently much sicker than he had reported to staff at the beginning of the shift."

APS

Unarmed
From experience, 'it happens'.

Those so incarcerated often have pre-existing medical conditions that are often undiagnosed.

Also, some of those same individuals are also hypochondriacs who use every sniffle and ache to beg for attention from prison medical staff who have, quite literally, seen and heard it all.

If I was doing the incident report on his demise, I would end it with, "inmate was evidently much sicker than he had reported to staff at the beginning of the shift."

"
Senior Coroner Andrew Tweddle said: ‘It stuck me as being almost unbelievable that what happened in this case happened.

‘That Mr Gibson was left unsupervised for quite a period of time when there was clearly a medical concern from a nurse and a doctor.’"

Your incident report would be wrong :)

TRUE LIBERTY

I'm not condoning what paedophiles do but if that had been a member of either of your families would your attitude still be the same ?

If that would have been a member in my family and they had been a pedophile they would have no longer been a member of our family and whatever happened to them after that I could care less for hurting children. Dying while waiting for doctor instead of in jail in the hands of inmates beating him to death he should feel lucky if he was still alive.

K

Kid B

In 1998 he was given a six-year sentence for child rape.
There lies part of the problem with our 'justice' system.

Life for me - now his life has ended anyway.

APS

Unarmed
I don't care what anyone else thinks
The prison service had a duty of care and they failed so heads should role.

R

Rinko

Heads should indeed roll. However the loss in this case was minimal, as the deceased was a disgusting creature merely wearing human skin.

I don't imagine much will be done unfortunately, which opens up a slippery slope of 'where will it end?'

APS

Unarmed
It should end right at the top.
They're paid to do a job not be judge & jury and neither are we.

R

Rinko

It should end right at the top.
They're paid to do a job not be judge & jury and neither are we.
You misunderstand me; what I meant was that in this case a terrible, disgusting creature was left to die. What happens next time if they decide somebody guilty of a lesser crime is not worth looking after?

APS

Unarmed
I agree he was a disgusting creature but he was still entitled to proper care the same as every prisoner no matter what the crime committed.

Top Bottom