Over or under: Which way round should the loo roll go?

K

Kid B

So it's the morning after the night before and I am using the bathroom having stayed overnight with friends and I see that the loo roll is coming down at the front. I have always thought it should pull from behind the roll and sometimes in the past I have actually changed it, I admit!

This question was featured in a few British tabloids last year and here's an extract from the Mirror...

2gwxah2.png
t's one of the worst things that can ever happen to human being - you go to reach for the toilet paper while visiting a friend's house and it's the WRONG WAY ROUND.

But which way is the wrong way?

It's such an important issue that it even has its own 5,000 WORD Wikipedia page,which starts with the rather amazing sentence:

"Toilet paper when used with a toilet roll holder with a horizontal axle parallel to the floor has two possible orientations: the toilet paper may hang over (in front of) or under (behind) the roll. The choice is largely a matter of personal preference, dictated by habit."
So are you an over or an under? I mean if I had my way it would be neither; sanitary wipes from a dispenser is far more sensible and refreshing.

K

Kid B

Option B seems to to be a clear favourite so far but I am interested in why. The paper is nearer to hand, true, I could question why it is that I prefer the paper at the rear, I can't be the only one either.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Option B because you use less paper when you drape the end over the top of the roll, simply because it's easier to see. You also don't have to reach as far to grab the paper, and if you buy toilet paper with a pattern printed on it, it appears on the over-the-top side.

beowulf

a0i8n5.jpg

problem solved

persoanlly ive always thought this a stupid question.............im more interested in the performance of the paper not how its hanging! :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom