Obesity

Jazzy

Forum Admin
obesity.jpg
The United States is the second most obese industrialized country in the world. A 2016 report stated that 36.5% of Americans were obese, compared to 14% in the mid-1970s. Obesity accounts for 10% of deaths and health care spending in the United States.

Proponents contend that obesity is a disease because it meets the definition of disease; it decreases life expectancy and impairs the normal functioning of the body; and it can be caused by genetic factors.

Opponents contend that obesity is not a disease because it is a preventable risk factor for other diseases; is the result of eating too much; and is caused by exercising too little.

Debate Question: Is Obesity a Disease? (Why/Why Not)

Howard

Since watching "My 600 Lb Life" I have to agree with Dr. Nowzaradan M.D. that it's people suffering from psychological trauma and dealing with it through eating causing them to gain a mass amount of weight.

TRUE LIBERTY

It’s not a disease. Come on down to the Orlando attractions and you have almost as many of those damn carts as you do people now clogging up things because there are so many fat people. I’m telling you if there is ever a apocalypse the human race is going to have one huge die off these people can barely care for themselves they have made themselves so fat. But they are in their little carts stuffing their faces with Disney junk food while that poor cart groans along it’s way.

Howard

I I’m telling you if there is ever a apocalypse the human race is going to have one huge die off these people can barely care for themselves they have made themselves so fat.
Like the thread where I posted about a 700 LB woman who has to have her family spray her down outside with a hose?

J

jy55

Obesity isn't the definition of most of the fat probably. However, if it's actually extreme enough to be obese, then, yes, medical attention is needed and weight loss.

Top Bottom