• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Oakland Protestors Block Freeway (And Commit Other Acts Of a******try) to Oppose Police Shootings

TRUE LIBERTY

What is wrong with these people!

Authorities say about 2,000 people in Oakland protesting deadly police shootings of black men blocked a highway and smashed windows.

The protest began with a mostly peaceful rally and march. Officer Johnna Watson says in a news release that about 1,000 demonstrators then headed to Interstate 880, bringing traffic to a halt.

Media outlets reported vehicles backing up for hours as demonstrators danced and played music.

Watson says no one was injured, but at least one arrest was made over a broken window at a business. She says a small fire was set on the highway, the police administration building was vandalized and other businesses had broken windows and graffiti.

It comes as gunmen killed five officers and wounded seven others at a Dallas protest over recent police shootings in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and suburban St. Paul, Minnesota.
Oakland Protestors Block Freeway to Oppose Police Shootings

TRUE LIBERTY

So protesters are criminals now? Wow! Just Wow!
Read the original post, which seems you have not. If they are doing what they are doing as shown above they are criminals and they should have been handled as such immediately despite the political climate.

Snog

Read the original post, which seems you have not. If they are doing what they are doing as shown above they are criminals and they should have been handled as such immediately despite the political climate.
I read it, but I can guarantee that not all of the protesters were involved in the illegal activities. 1/2 of the original 2000 went to the road, and I would have to say a very small number of them did damage. So to make a general statement like you did is wrong.

TRUE LIBERTY

I read it, but I can guarantee that not all of the protesters were involved in the illegal activities. 1/2 of the original 2000 went to the road, and I would have to say a very small number of them did damage. So to make a general statement like you did is wrong.
If they were in the road they were breaking the law and should be treated as criminals blocking traffic. So my general statement was correct and stands. Not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars done on businesses.

Webster

*shrugs* Sometimes you gotta' break the law to get a point across.

Bluezone777

I am quite sure TL's problem has more to do with what they are protesting about then their actions they are taking to protest. If they were protesting Obama or anything the man touches or supports then he probably be singing his praises so loudly that every member on this forum could literally hear the sound of his voice from their computer. The point of a protest is that it is supposed to interfere with day to day life as that's how it gets people's attention and invoke the kind of change they want.

While you may not agree with what they are protesting about, one should be supportive of their right to protest because one day it may be you who wants to protest something that you are passionate about and if the right to do so is good enough for you to have then it should be good enough for any citizen to have. You would not want your own words used to justify silencing your right to protest what you wish to protest about.

TRUE LIBERTY

I am quite sure TL's problem has more to do with what they are protesting about then their actions they are taking to protest.

No it is about there actions I am calling them a terrorist organization. And the fact the people who are funding like Soros are known for funding and overthrowing governments. If it was simply a protest and they did not break laws everywhere they go I would simply disagree with them and would support there right to protest legally.
If they were protesting Obama or anything the man touches or supports then he probably be singing his praises so loudly that every member on this forum could literally hear the sound of his voice from their computer.

I would be as long as they were like the TEA PARTY and always kept there gatherings peaceful and legal.
The point of a protest is that it is supposed to interfere with day to day life as that's how it gets people's attention and invoke the kind of change they want.

No that is not the point of a protest to interfere with people going about there daily lives who do not want to be a part of that protest.
While you may not agree with what they are protesting about, one should be supportive of their right to protest because one day it may be you who wants to protest something that you are passionate about and if the right to do so is good enough for you to have then it should be good enough for any citizen to have. You would not want your own words used to justify silencing your right to protest what you wish to protest about.

Follow the law and I will support there right to protest even if I do not agree with them.

Top Bottom