• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

No solids for a few days

Kaynil

A few days ago, due to the doctor's instructions, I had to spend a bit more than a day without eating anything solid. They had me on clear liquids and water.
While for me it was because of a medical order. I know some people like to do fasting or liquid-only days to detox their bodies, so that made me curious.

Have you guys ever gone a day or more without eating solids? Was it by choice?
Do you guys think there's a benefit to do this once in a while?

psalms91

Yes I used to fast regularly but havent done it for a long time. For me it was religious and not medical

Angel

No Drama Zone!
We fast with a purpose monthly at my church. Can't say I always make that commitment though.

Due to medical issues I went for 13 days without solid foods.

Lämmchen

When I was in the hospital for my surgeries I had a feeding tube down my nose to my stomach the first time and my stomach didn't like it so I had them stop and then just had them feed me nothing for a couple days. I wans't hungry at all because my stomach was bothering me so much. The other two surgeries though left me starving and I was on a liquid diet until they could see that I could swallow well enough to handle real food. That was so hard on me.

I hope you get through this well, Kaynil!

Top Bottom