New mum told ‘a bikini isn’t appropriate for a mother’

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"A young mum has responded to a random stranger at her local pool who told her that a bikini isn’t appropriate for a mother, ‘especially one who is still “recovering”‘.

Lexi Sinclair from Kansas City says the upsetting incident occurred when she took her four-month-old son Christian to her local pool last week.

In a Facebook post, she explained that a woman ‘maybe mid 50s’ approached her while she was getting Christian ready to go in the pool and started asking questions about his weight and how he sleeps.

Thinking it was a friendly conversation, Lexi responded. But, then the woman proceeded to tell her ‘that the men at the pool would feel more comfortable if I was in a one-piece swim suit because a bikini isn’t appropriate for a mother, especially one who’s “still recovering”‘.

Somehow, Lexi managed to keep her cool. ‘Anyone who knows me knows I had a few words for this crazy, ballsy woman,’ she wrote. ‘But instead I just smiled, kissed my son and told her, “I’m proud of my body”‘.
13934935_569463623241885_7898448934453739234_n.png
She added: ‘My body might not be the best sight for other men to see. My stretch marks and tummy pudge might not be sexy. But they’re proof that I’ve done something amazing, and I have a man that loves me and finds me even sexier and more beautiful now."

Source

Thoughts about what the woman said to her?

Worldwide

I think people are starting to confuse Twitter with real life and are to willing to offer their opinions opening when they are neither invited or welcomed.

APS

Unarmed
How the hell would she know what men would be more comfortable with ?

Webster

"A young mum has responded to a random stranger at her local pool who told her that a bikini isn’t appropriate for a mother, ‘especially one who is still “recovering”‘. Lexi Sinclair from Kansas City says the upsetting incident occurred when she took her four-month-old son Christian to her local pool last week....
I'm surprised she didn't tell the other person, "Who died and made you arbiter of what someone can wear?"

Top Bottom