NASCAR: Noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage area

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"A noose was found in the garage stall of Bubba Wallace at Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, Alabama, on Sunday, less than two weeks after Wallace, who is NASCAR's only black driver, successfully pushed the stock car racing series to ban the Confederate flag at its tracks and facilities."

More
--------------------
Would think there would be cameras in all the garage stalls. It’s interesting that someone would take such a big risk with that in mind.

Your thoughts about this?

Vince284

Would think there would be cameras in all the garage stalls. It’s interesting that someone would take such a big risk with that in mind.

Your thoughts about this?
You would think there is 24/7 surveillance on those garages. I read an article that just the cars are almost a million dollars with the cost and maintenance of them. Not to mention the dirty secrets and skeletons in their team closets that they don't want exposed, since all NASCAR race cars are suppose to be relatively the same. I suppose "the cameras" are shutoff during the time the teams are in their stalls. I just hope it's not another case of a Jussie Smolette hoax.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
NASCAR.com June 21, 2020 at 11:07 PM

NASCAR issued the following statement Sunday night:
“Late this afternoon, NASCAR was made aware that a noose was found in the garage stall of the 43 team. We are angry and outraged, and cannot state strongly enough how seriously we take this heinous act. We have launched an immediate investigation, and will do everything we can to identify the person(s) responsible and eliminate them from the sport. As we have stated unequivocally, there is no place for racism in NASCAR, and this act only strengthens our resolve to make the sport open and welcoming to all.”

DrLeftover

Wallace did lead a couple of laps toward the end of the race, and stayed in the top 10 for awhile, and ended up 14th.

DrLeftover

It was nothing.....

(quoted)
The noose found hanging in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall at Talladega Superspeedway had been there since at least last October, federal authorities said Tuesday in announcing there will be no charges filed in an incident that rocked NASCAR and its only fulltime Black driver.

U.S. Attorney Jay Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. said an investigation determined “although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week.”
NASCAR said in a statement that “the FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall. This was obviously well before the 43 team’s arrival and garage assignment.”
(end quote)

DrLeftover

It wasn't a hoax.

It WAS, however, a total overreaction by everybody involved.

Vince284

It wasn't a hoax.

It WAS, however, a total overreaction by everybody involved.
The vibe was meant to the overreaction of the whole thing, it just had that feeling. However, I saw a picture of the garage door pull cord tied into a hangman's noose, the person that tied it just has poor taste, if not a bit mischievous... we did the same thing in grade school with any piece of cord with any length to it. Not meant anymore than who could tied the best noose it was an art for a 4th grader. In an interview which I saw Bubba Wallace said he never saw it.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
From what was reported, Bubba Wallace never saw the "noose" himself and it was discovered by a crew member.

Now it turns out it was just a rope fashioned as a garage pull, and there are videos on NASCAR's own YouTube page going back several years which show these rope pulls used in all the garages NOT just garage #4 at the Talladega Superspeedway. If you watch the video, the rope pulls are on the video @ the 3:20 mark -left side of the frame.

My question is, how did nobody realize this was a commonly used garage pull that had been used in the garages for literally years and just assume it was a noose?

Has everyone been whipped up into such a race-panic hysteria that critical thinking went out the window here?

Vince284

From what was reported, Bubba Wallace never saw the "noose" himself and it was discovered by a crew member.

Now it turns out it was just a rope fashioned as a garage pull, and there are videos on NASCAR's own YouTube page going back several years which show these rope pulls used in all the garages NOT just garage #4 at the Talladega Superspeedway. If you watch the video, the rope pulls are on the video @ the 3:20 mark -left side of the frame.

My question is, how did nobody realize this was a commonly used garage pull that had been used in the garages for literally years and just assume it was a noose?

Has everyone been whipped up into such a race-panic hysteria that critical thinking went out the window here?
:TUP: Nicely said, this wasn't there first rodeo. These teams have been racing for awhile and they have been to Talladega before. So why now complain?

DrLeftover

This almost comes off as, ALMOST, but not quite, maybe, but it does have a bit of a scent of, we'll let him say it nicely.....

1593019683737.png

"Good morning boys and girls, I've got a special phrase for you to try to say with me today, it's two words, can you say 'Publicity Stunt'? OK, take a breath and say it slowly..... ... .... .... There, I knew you could."

Top Bottom