• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

my hobby.........

beowulf

im a model maker...........used to do it as a kid, took it up again 10 years ago after a 30+ years lay off

its my way of destressing and relaxing

2lbyssg.jpg
1/24th scale Toyota Hilux.....only finished this a few weeks ago

2j2fgvt.jpg
35ibrpt.jpg
1/24 '55 Chevy dragster

207kga9.jpg
1/12 Kawasaki KZ1000 California Highway Patrol

2hgr0yh.jpg
1/35 M60 MBT Isreali Defence Force

fd8xg5.jpg
1/12 Ducati 900SS

2ujpd1f.jpg
1/35 Whippet Tank from First World War

a11mo9.jpg
1/12 Honda CB750F

260e4n4.jpg
1/24 Mitsubishi Lancer rally car

2ro0oqr.jpg
124zm6h.jpg
Anakins pod racer from SW eps 1.....its about 20 inches long

5khp5l.jpg
1/35 Sherman tank

2hzlf14.jpg
1/24 Toyota Celica rally

South Of Heaven

Amazing! you must have a steady hand and the patience of a saint. Do you display these? I love the rally cars, is the muddy look something you've added or part of the design? I like it it adds to overall look.

Angel

No Drama Zone!
Those are really awesome. Thanks for showing your talent to us. Amazing!

S

Sariki

That is really cool! You must really have a knack for it! Great stuff man!

beowulf

I love the rally cars, is the muddy look something you've added or part of the design? I like it it adds to overall look.
the 'mud' is pigments.....basically 'artificial mud'....you can buy it in a bewildering range of colours and can do all sorts of things with it......the rally cars i did with a pigment and water slurry mix......use a stiff brush to flick it on in the direction of travel.....use masking tape on the windshield to get the shape of the wipers

another way of using it is to mix it with pva glue, add fine sand for texture and you get lumpy mud.....did this method on this German WW2 Marder tank destroyer that i finished a few days ago

1zpi3h0.jpg

its a technique i find tricky to get right but practice makes perfect and all that

T

Tyler

Those are super cool man! how long does it take to do one of those?

beowulf

Those are super cool man! how long does it take to do one of those?
all depends on what it is and what effort im putting into it...........that Marder took probably 12 man hours but it was spread over 2 weeks or so

Top Bottom