Question my F1 topics keep disappearing

Kaunisto

I'm not sure what's going on, but along this year I've 2 or 3 times created to Sports Arena a "2021 Formula 1 World Championship" topic - intended to replace the 2020 one, you can unsticky that one - and they've always disappeared.
First, some weeks or months after season start (march) I was about to post something and was surprised there wasn't topic. Maybe I remember wrong, maybe I indeed haven't made one this year, I thought and made a new one.
Next time I think of posting something about F1, again there's no topic. OK, maybe I/my system screwed something up last time and the topic didn't appear. Make another.
I'm sure I saw the topic being there. And now it isn't.
And I'm pretty sure I would've posted the F1 topic first time at beginning of season, before posting the World Cup qualifying topic which worked alright.

So... is there some anti-spam system that throws away my F1 topic (because it's only one number away from the existing sticky topic?) or what's happening?
I find it unlikely (if possible) for the problem to be in my end, since I've only encountered trouble in this specific thing - not that I often make topics, but did the World Cup one and worked.

~KAGE-008

*meow*
The system automatically removes threads with no replies after a month of being created. This was implemented to keep our sections neat, and also because we value quality over quantity.

Kaunisto

I see. Guess it always was over a month before I returned to it.

So, if I make a topic and myself make one reply to it, it won't get removed?

Once I make it (not now, heading to bed...) please unsticky the 2020 one and sticky this 2021 instead. (Still most of the season to go after all - unless there'll be covid cancellations.)

Kaunisto

Awww... I like talking to myself :(

What about if you sticky it, would that stop it from getting removed?

Kaunisto

Then I guess I just have to rely on you making a reply :p

Either way, you can unsticky the 2020 topic.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Either way, you can unsticky the 2020 topic.
tenor.gif

Vince284

No, another user must reply to the thread. That shows some interest from other members. That prevents members from basically talking to themselves in a thread.
This is good to know, I like @Kaunisto F1 posts, but I just read them, I'll reply now.

Howard

The system automatically removes threads with no replies after a month of being created. This was implemented to keep our sections neat, and also because we value quality over quantity.

I wish more forums had this implemented. Some members just spam topics that no one's interested in and they sit there forever in the forum collecting dust. If no one wants to partake in that topic then I agree. It needs to go in File 13.

Top Bottom