My Chrome Browser

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Huh?? What processor do you have?

This sounds like a very old problem from around 2013 where AMD processors had Core C6 Mode enabled in the computer's BIOS. If the computer is that old and it's turned on, turn it off.
Here's what he's got from another thread:

Kaunisto

*rundll32.exe - should've remembered

It's my newest computer! :ROFLMAO:
(I am seriously considering getting a new one, but my "considering" tends to stretch to year after year...)

2.8GHz Pentium 4

Kaunisto

Just wondering what is it specifically about youtube that causes this. No other video or stream thing does it.
And I'm not sure it's actually the video that does it in youtube, maybe it's something in their ads or whatever site structure.

Kaunisto

Having trouble with certificates, including not getting to Yaketys.

This site can’t be reached​

The webpage at might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Finally got in with incognito, but even that was troublesome. Half of internet not working for me now. (And Youtube still jams the computer.)

Snog

@Kaunisto you're going to run across more and more problems with certificates, etc.

The certificates are managed by the operating system. In your case, Windows 7. Windows 7 is no longer receiving updates, so it's certificate repository is out of date. Which could also be why your Chrome is so far out of date. You may not be able to connect to update it.

It's a cascading effect.

Almost all sites have moved to HTTPS
As the certificate repository in Windows 7 degrades, you'll be less able to access sites because it can't recognize the SSL certificates the sites are using.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
The certificates are managed by the operating system. In your case, Windows 7. Windows 7 is no longer receiving updates, so it's certificate repository is out of date. Which could also be why your Chrome is so far out of date. You may not be able to connect to update it.
I got an email from otis booard who is also using Windows 7 but somehow managed to update Chrome to the newest version. I replied back to him 3 days ago but got no response back. Apparently he cannot access the internet at all.

Kaunisto

My trouble is with Let's Encrypt DST Root CA X3 certificate (which just expired).
Everything with certificate path to that doesn't work.
I got couple new Let's Encrypt certificates and I'm trying removing the expired certificates.

Kaunisto

OK, I think I'm back. Looks like everything finally works again.
Needed to install ISGR Root X1 certificate as trusted and remove all "DST Root CA X3" ones.
That one had me worried for a while.

Though still don't know how to stop Youtube acting liked a scratched DVD...

Jazzy

Forum Admin
OK, I think I'm back. Looks like everything finally works again.
Needed to install ISGR Root X1 certificate as trusted and remove all "DST Root CA X3" ones.
That one had me worried for a while.

Though still don't know how to stop Youtube acting liked a scratched DVD...
@otis booard: Here's the answer to the problem you're having on your laptoop.

Kaunisto

Strangely, while Chrome says Yaketys is secure site (with a valid certificate), the yaketys.com certificate (issued by R3) is shown to be expired 24.7.2021 :unsure:
In other words, for me this is currently working even though it should not...

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Strangely, while Chrome says Yaketys is secure site (with a valid certificate), the yaketys.com certificate (issued by R3) is shown to be expired 24.7.2021 :unsure:
In other words, for me this is currently working even though it should not...
@Snog: Any idea why this is happening?

Snog

@Snog: Any idea why this is happening?
Old certificate file on his part?

The Yaketys certificate renews automatically and expires at the end of next month:
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 6.49.30 AM.png

The current R3 certificate expires in 2025:
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 6.49.49 AM.png

And the ISRG certificate expires in 2035:
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 6.50.07 AM.png

With all of that info, if you look at the Validity dates for the Yaketys certificate, it is not valid BEFORE 8/24/2021 and is valid through 11/22/2021. So either he's reading the info wrong or he has an old certificate file.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Old certificate file on his part?

The Yaketys certificate renews automatically and expires at the end of next month:
View attachment 16040

The current R3 certificate expires in 2025:
View attachment 16041

And the ISRG certificate expires in 2035:
View attachment 16042

With all of that info, if you look at the Validity dates for the Yaketys certificate, it is not valid BEFORE 8/24/2021 and is valid through 11/22/2021. So either he's reading the info wrong or he has an old certificate file.
Thank you very much, Snog.

@Kaunisto: Here's the info. from Snog.

Kaunisto

I guess since I had the old certificates instead these new R3 and ISGR, it didn't update the yaketys certificate, so I still have one for april-july.
But that doesn't explain why Chrome says that there's a valid certificate, but looking at it shows it's expired?

Snog

I guess since I had the old certificates instead these new R3 and ISGR, it didn't update the yaketys certificate, so I still have one for april-july.
But that doesn't explain why Chrome says that there's a valid certificate, but looking at it shows it's expired?
I just checked using my Chrome browser on another computer. It had an outdated certificate too. Hit CTRL-F5 to reload and the new one gets loaded.

I'll just guess that Chrome stores the certificate and then once it expires it checks the current certificate without actually downloading it to see if it's valid.

Top Bottom