• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Mother of bull that killed matador will be slaughtered

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
The mother of the bull that killed Spanish matador Victor Barrio is to be slaughtered in a bid to kill off the bloodline, it has been claimed.

The 29-year-old died after being gored in the thigh and chest in the bullring at the central city of Teruel on Saturday.

But now the mother will be killed despite a protest from animal rights activists who believe the cow, named Lorenza, should be spared.

It’s inspired the hashtag #SalvemosALorenza (#SaveLorenza). The mothers of ‘killer bulls’ are automatically destroyed according to Spanish customs.

Animal rights group Pacma said: ‘Kill the animals, the people and sentence to death the cows, which breed the bulls.’

The bull that killed Victor is believed to have been killed already. Some Spanish newspapers have reported that Lorenza is already dead from old age.

Pacma added that it wanted the practice to end: ‘We reject the traditions based on violence, revenge and blood. The mother of Lorenzo, the bull they call the murderer, is being sent to slaughter to end the race.
Thoughts?

APS

Unarmed
Leave the Mother alone and just kill of Bull Fighting it's barbaric.

Worldwide

It was going to be brutally killed anyway, at least he can go to his grave victorious and with the eyes of the world on his side.

S

Shortie861

I think it's a sad shame that they are choosing to do this. Bull fighting is awful in my eyes and I hate to see it and this was the bulls way of protecting itself so why does the Mother have to be killed?

J

Justbec

Idiotic. Some stupid fool gets into a ring with a bull and gets has butt killed and it's the bull and the bull's mother's fault... Barbaric sport ...

Jazzy

Forum Admin
So basically if a bull actually wins it's a great disaster and his mother has to be killed too. So it's a totally unfair fight and the Bulls are meant to lose every time. High time this barbaric "sport" is banned.

Worldwide

I only realized not that it is the mother of the bull.. that's insane ... what is the point of that??

JHG

So basically if a bull actually wins it's a great disaster and his mother has to be killed too. So it's a totally unfair fight and the Bulls are meant to lose every time. High time this barbaric "sport" is banned.
This is a timeless honoured tradition. Honestly, if someone said we Americans should stop with football how would we react?

APS

Unarmed
As far as I know you don't stick swords etc into opponents in American Football.Or do you ?

Howard

Thats very cruel. What is the point of bull fighting than?

L

leapinglena

I always thought they wanted better bloodlines....if a bull had a certain trait...they desired....they bred for that bloodline....why is it the fault of the bull...when they are bred this way....the matador...choose to do this....how would you like it if you were stuck with swords....who was the beast here....the bull or the man

Top Bottom