• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Money saving

APS

Unarmed
Shop around for everything,don't go for the first item,service etc that you see.

Snog

If there are items on Amazon that you use regularly, and they are cheaper than anywhere else, definitely join amazon prime. What you save in shipping alone will more than make up for the $99/year fee.

For example a 40lb box of litter costs $13.28 plus $18.93 shipping to non-prime users that have it shipped to my area. With amazon prime, shipping is free. And the actual price is lower than any store around here.

Reactions: APS
T

Tyler

I can tell ya what does eat up money...Going out to eat a lot and for smokers buying smokes.

So I am trying to cut down on both of those to save more. I still save pretty well though :p

Jazzy

Forum Admin
When you want to buy something, don't buy it yet, wait two weeks and if you still want it then, then buy it. This trick will save you lots of money that would've been wasted on things you would've only used once and never again.

APS

Unarmed
I've just changed our Electricity and Gas account with British Gas from 1 tariff to another which gives us free electric every Sunday between 9am & 5pm until 31st March 2018. The monthly direct debit has dropped from £130 to £94 per month.
If prices go up during that time ours stay the same.
I'll check tariffs again in March 2018.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I've just changed our Electricity and Gas account with British Gas from 1 tariff to another which gives us free electric every Sunday between 9am & 5pm until 31st March 2018. The monthly direct debit has dropped from £130 to £94 per month.
That's a great deal you got. Good for you for doing the comparison.

APS

Unarmed
How to save on Car Ins

My car was insured via Kwik-Fit brokers with AXA Insurance.
Renewal came through from Kwik-Fit at £700+
Went onto Compare the Market.com,filled in all the details and quotes came flooding in.
Saved the cheaapest then rang Kwik-Fit said your renewal is too expensive.
Just let me see what discounts I can knock of for you.
He came back with a figure of £400+
Sorry won't be renewing I can get same Ins cover plus years full breakdown cover for less than that.
Guess who the ins company was I renewed with via Compare the Market.
Yup AXA,can't get your breath can you :)

Ghoul

Try not to impulse buy... something I can be bad at. Don't eat out for lunch at work every day, bring your own! Try and get a credit card with cash back rewards and a current account that offers interest, while these are small amounts, you still get some money just for spending/having money.

APS

Unarmed
Follow up report.
This is the first Sunday since I changed the tariff.
At 9.00am the washing machine went on,the dishwasher is now doing the breakfast plates etc.
The Sunday dinner is cooking,Vacuum cleaner is going all round the house.
After dinner the dishwasher will go again.
Just a shame we don't need the Gas central heating on :)

~KAGE-008

*meow*
When it comes to technology, don't buy the new product right after it's first put on sale. A six month or a year wait will totally be worth it because sometimes their prices get drastically reduced and that is the perfect moment if you want to upgrade.

Worldwide

Instead of staying in the presidential suit just stay in the Delux

Instead of having the valet park your car, park it yourself

Instead of docking your yacht in the marina, mour it and take the small boat into shore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom