Model Making

Aura

Spiritwalker
I remember someone on Wober used to make models, I don't know if that person migrated over here. Anyone else make models?

I just started a few days ago on my first model.
8a1fb217ab0c8bcdf01aa4577ad42c91.jpg

You can see my progression here https://www.instagram.com/skathi87/

I have a Red Arrows plane to do after this :D

Honestly thought I would find it really stressful with my tremors (well some of the tiny bits piss me off as I can barely pick them up let alone paint them) I am really enjoying it so far.
It is a very mindful project.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
@Aura: That would be @beowulf that made models and he's here on occasion. I believe another member @otis booard makes Warhammer 40K models.

You're progressing nicely and glad you found something you like to do. Can't wait to see your first finished model.

otis booard

"Levotur5" by Ondraid Kots
Yes, I am a keen model maker, although I'm probably more into collecting models than making them.

Aura

Spiritwalker
Thank you, I am about to start a Red Arrow BAE Hawk :D A lot more fiddly pieces, so will see how it goes.

otis booard

"Levotur5" by Ondraid Kots
I'm going to be downsizing my collection, starting to part with a few models on Ebay.

Aura

Spiritwalker
Been thinking of selling on mine I make. Some I will keep, for the time being I want to make my favourite planes. But I have loved doing them so far, I can see myself getting really into the hobby.
How much do you sell yours for?

beowulf

if you have problems with the size of the parts and co-ordination try going up a scale.....go from 1/72 to 1/48.....will be quite a bit bigger but still not huge

i find it quite a theraputic hobby but beware it can become expensive once you start buying all the bits and pieces lol

Aura

Spiritwalker
I have 1 more 1:72 left to do then I shall go up in level and size.

Red Arrow is complete, just sorting out the pics to post.

Aura

Spiritwalker
Here she is ( I hope) using a new hosting site other than the crap photobucket.

o........................k why didn't it work?!

Ohh f it. here's the link to the gallery. http://imgur.com/a/cDJQ4

Last edited:

Aura

Spiritwalker
This is my next project.

I've been watching youtube for weathering techniques. My tattooist gave me a Tamiya tank to do, but slightly higher level to what I have been doing so want to do a good job. So this starter kit is a practise run.

Mania

Working on a classic Warhound Titan

View attachment 11287
Nice work man! I adore making such models too but I prefer more cars, planes and houses for making :) Is it very hard to work on yours?
In my case I'm working with this one https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/aircraft/hawker-typhoon-ib-starter-set-1-72.html , I chose a starter set for beginners because it's the first time I'm trying such type of modeling. It's really an awesome kit and the process is very interesting, however as OP mentioned it can be stressful sometimes...:D Not a very easy work in my opinion but I'm always glad when I see even a small progress in general process. Personally I'm more adjusted to wooden models https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1469570445/wood-trick-0 , I adore to collect, assemble and colour them very much for a long time. I have a rather big collection of them at the current time, now I also want to add to my collection a bit more complicated stuff, smth like this house for example :rolleyes:

Aura

Spiritwalker
^ Wow I love that wooden model!
I've now started on a Electric Canberra. Completed the Cromwell. I don't have much luck with hosting sites for some reason.

EDIT: Good ole Google Images :D

I've also done a Mini

Haven't actually finished the body yet, It was a nightmare to put together. Haven't even added the decals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom