MLP FIM Discussion

Icetex

it was confirmed the US channel discovery family
that Final eps will ACTUALLY premiere Oct 12th, 2019
with behind the scenes special afterward
also to note DF is calling it "3 Part Finale"
====>
so..that means for me at least i will not able to see it until Monday(afternoon) or Sunday(morning) because i work that day
which sucks i was hoping the 19th because i don't work that day

Kaunisto

3 is a solid episode, though I would've preferred it a few episodes later, take some time before bringing back the Tree. (And student six still aren't among my favorite characters.)
The new form smells a bit of selling toys...

I had big expectations for episode #200, as the 100th episode is my favorite (or at least tied with another). This wasn't quite an event like, but still the kind of episode that becomes memorable classic, like Luna Eclipsed or Bats! or Scare Master.
There are couple things I would've changed. It should've been obvious choice to bring Glimmer into the operation. And what bothers me the most is at the end, how did Twilight lose? If Shining and Cel were just hiding behind throne, that's just cheating, there was no way to get the crown and that has nothing to do with the castle security. How was Twilight stopped (not at all!) or how did the security alert Shining and Cel (could've happened but isn't explained)? You could say Pinkie's distraction showed them something was happening, but that only works when they know who is attacking and on what purpose - not much security and again, cheating.
I would've had Twilight argue this, then saying that she might as well claim victory by taking the crown and teleport to it past Shining and Celestia - at which point everyone would see it's no longer there.
Still, a good episode, among top 20 (at least if two part ones count as one), and that's something considering it included my least favorite character Zephyr.

Kaunisto

OK episode. I do like all the references to old episodes, but Twilight panicing has gotten old, there should've been enough character development by now to stop it. (In season opener it was at least for proper reason.)
It's kind of sad when they have Muffins (or Vinyl) talking; something special has been lost.
It's notable that this has been one of best starts for season. Mostly there's been a 4th/5th episode curse, that one of those isn't good. S9 did have advantage of the 200th episode, there might've been more emphasis on that than usual, but still: if E6 is average, S9 ties with S2 in my personal record (yes, I do keep record) the best season beginning till that point.

Kaunisto

In almost no way particularly good nor bad episode. Only thing keeping it from being entirely unmemorable is the exceptionally realistic and serious subject.

Kaunisto

7 was kind of average episode but I like it. Yona is a fan favorite and that was lot of ship fuel, but I can live with that. Bit predictable and only really funny moments go to Angel and Opal, but the kind of episode one has come to routinely expect from the series.

8 is what I've been afraid the season to go to after the first episode. I don't hate it and to be fair I think it's the first all-villain episode ever? So, something different and all round OK, though Tirek was a bit off-character. (In last seasons villains have become more comedic, I don't really like that.)

Kaunisto

I don't like dragon episodes, but this one was OK. Got a bit stupid in the end.

It was good to have Apple family episode on final season and even better to see Winona - they've been listening to fans. But only an average episode in total.

Kaunisto

Not the best story, but the cast makes it clearly above average episode, especially my favorite Maud. Have we ever seen her in this kind of side role, anything between being main focus and minor background character? Maud madly in love made this episode. And Mudbriar was much more tolerable than before, this season really keeps bringing characters I didn't like and making them acceptable.

Well... still better than the episodes showing families of Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. And it's somewhat the sort of goodbye episode I wished this season to have for all major characters. I do love all the references to old episodes.
But I'd like to see CMC for once doing something big, saving whole Equestria, giving their marks some great mystic meaning beyond them just being really really good friends.

Kaunisto

It's not a bad episode - still not one at the halfway season, something only seen at Season 2! - but it's sad that they hardly ever get Celestia/Luna episodes right, especially last few appearances have been bad. (Even Royal Problem was partially wasted potential in that sense.) They always act silly or stupid, off character.
And in this case, Twilight's not much better.
Btw, making amulet like that is a bad idea, I was expecting some villain to steal it.

Icetex

back for spoilers abunt!
eps 19-26
My Thoughts on s9 ep 19

well that's interesting ep
also, the return of gabby
and spike and rarity shipping intensifies in this ep
but overall a good ep
=====
My Thoughts on s9 ep 20

wow just wow Trixy was a bit too suborn this ep
it was nice ep but the choice by the end was a bit too obvious
and is really Trixy is qualified for school counselor? just say Chansler Naysay was right in some ways
=====
My Thoughts on s9 ep 21

*internal screaming* jk
it was GREAT episode calling it supering expectations on long-standing lore
this was a fun episode certainly
i like this ep
=====
My Thoughts on s9 ep 22

That was a neat idea but kind poor execution
i have one MAJOR issue WHY SCOOTS WINGS WEREN'T FULL SIZE?!??! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
anyways it was okay ep just moments weren't needed and characters regression
=====
My Thoughts on s9 ep 23

well that happened
as i predicted that big mac and sugar belle got married
although seemed a bit rushed overall a nice ep to end this arc with
=====
My Thoughts on s9 ep 24/25(Finale Part 1)

That was unexpected
Discord was Grogar?
neat..?
Anyways it was interesting ep
also, that heel turn at the end by villains getting turned to stone okay then...
overall it was great ep
=====
My Thoughts on s9 ep 26(Finale Part 2/Series Finale)

wut
anyways this was an interesting time jump ep
from the little details to the small inclusions like pinkie foal with cheese for some reason.... like did we really need that? also big mac and sugarbell foal
also, spike didn't skip leg day and the twilight new design is awesome and of course it ends how it began with a book closing from the start of the show neat detail
overall this was excellent ep easily the best
====
And yes rated this season 10/10 fight me

Kaunisto

I'm not that fond of the old Cheese episode and this wasn't quite as good. After the start - good point that the others are living their ambitions - Pinkie was left too much on the side, not acting as deeper character beyond that.
Obviously Cheese Sandwich loses more in translation than perhaps anything in MLP (I almost obsessively watch only Finnish dubs of the series), but even considering that this was mediocre at best.

15 is the kind of good solid episode I would've appreciated along previous seasons, but there are so many things I'd still want to see and so few episodes left that another buckball episode was unnecessary at this point.

Top Bottom