• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Misogyny now classified by police as a hate crime

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
The harassment of women is now a hate crime in Nottingham, where police have become the first force in the country to make such a move.

Nottinghamshire Police now rates misogyny alongside other hate crimes such as those based on a person’s disability, gender identity or race.

The new classification means that people can report incidents to the police and officers will investigate.

The force’s definition of misogynistic hate crime is:

‘Incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman, and includes behaviour targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman.’

Examples include unwanted sexual advances, physical assaults, verbal abuse, unwanted physical contact, the use of mobile devices to send unwanted or uninvited messages or take photographs without consent or permission.

Chief Constable Sue Fish said: ‘What women face, often on a daily basis, is absolutely unacceptable and can be extremely distressing.

‘Nottinghamshire Police is committed to taking misogynistic hate crime seriously and encourages anyone who is affected by it to contact us without hesitation.’
Thoughts?

Worldwide

Fair enough, I have always said that if the current sex trafficking crimes that take place, and the sex crimes that happen against women were not gender but race related there would global outcry.
Yet women are drugged, rapped and transported around like cattle to service a sex industry and no one gives a shit.

Lonelylycan

This is a bad one, as a lot of men or women have hate for women..
Some is silly things but sometimes it's beyond women children stolen from streets home work etc so they can be sold and it seems nothing is being done to protect

Howard

I agree. I think it's a great law for men who harass and beat women.

Top Bottom