• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Howard

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Genre: Action & Adventure

First aired: 1993-08-28

Creator: Haim Saban, Shuki Levy

Overview: The re-version of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, an American television series created by Haim Saban and Shuki Levy, began airing January 2, 2010, on ABC Kids, and concluded on August 28, 2010. The re-version season was a re-broadcasting of approximately half of the first season of MMPR, which was originally broadcast in 1993, but Buena Vista Television added several visual effects to the old footage, in addition to an updated opening sequence. Although nothing beyond this about the television show was new, upon repurchase of the franchise by Haim Saban, it was nonetheless officially regarded as the 18th season of Power Rangers by his new company Saban Brands until the promotion for Power Rangers Megaforce which has since been termed the 20th season. Netflix refers to the season number as "Special 18".

Howard

I did not care for the added extra special effects. It was completely unnecessary.
I quit watching the show back in third grade after they got rid of most of the original cast.

Bluezone777

They actually left on their own because of the low pay, long hours and dangerous working conditions. With the success they were getting from the show, they could easily have paid them better and they honestly deserved it. Heck they didn't even pay them any royalty fees when the episodes of the show aired as a re run on TV.

They changed so much now that I probably wouldn't recognize the show anymore as I used to watch it when I was young as well way back in the day.

Howard

They actually left on their own because of the low pay, long hours and dangerous working conditions. With the success they were getting from the show, they could easily have paid them better and they honestly deserved it. Heck they didn't even pay them any royalty fees when the episodes of the show aired as a re run on TV.
I agree. They even made a small documentary about how the original cast was treated very unfairly. Amy Jo Johnson almost died twice due to them making her perform her own stunts.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
The show started out fun to watch, and then in the various new incarnations went to hell, like so many others,

Olmeca

They changed so much now that I probably wouldn't recognize the show anymore as I used to watch it when I was young as well way back in the day.
You can blame a lot of that on Saban being a cheap skatin' bastard.

The show started out fun to watch, and then in the various new incarnations went to hell, like so many others,

God knows Megaforce/Super Megaforce was the worst of the lot.

Howard

The show started out fun to watch, and then in the various new incarnations went to hell, like so many others,.
That's right. I agree.

After the old cast pretty much quit and moved on because of crappy pay and not even getting paid for a lot of other things that they should have been getting paid for.

I lost interest in the show as a kid early on because they kept changing the cast members and I liked the old ones. I think I just felt the show went sour.

Olmeca

That's right. I agree.

After the old cast pretty much quit and moved on because of crappy pay and not even getting paid for a lot of other things that they should have been getting paid for.

I lost interest in the show as a kid early on because they kept changing the cast members and I liked the old ones. I think I just felt the show went sour.
One of the reasons David Yost (Billy the Blue Ranger) left (though I think actually walked off set) was due to harassment he was dealing with due to his sexual preferences.

Howard

One of the reasons David Yost (Billy the Blue Ranger) left (though I think actually walked off set) was due to harassment he was dealing with due to his sexual preferences.
Yeah. All of the other employee's were giving him a hard time about him being gay.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom