• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Measure to further regulate guns, including semi-automatic rifles

The Last Outlaw

How many times when there's a mass shooting does the media bring up The Columbine High School massacre? How many of the other mass shooting were trying to emulate The Columbine High School massacre?
They bring up Columbine (later Sandy Hook) as being the worst mass shooting in American history. That's not to give fame or the spotlight to the shooter(s). That's to bring up its (tragic) history of gun violence. Don't get me wrong here. I believe something needs to be done!

Jazzy

Forum Admin
They bring up Columbine (later Sandy Hook) as being the worst mass shooting in American history. That's not to give fame or the spotlight to the shooter(s). That's to bring up its (tragic) history of gun violence.
Mass shootings seem to be contagious [1], and potential solutions include not "sharing photos, writings, 'manifestos,' personal likes and dislikes, family, work, and school history, or weapon preference of mass shooters with the public, especially given that many would-be killers identify in themselves similarities with the troubles of past killers, are inspired by their “bravery” and fame, are fascinated with the weapons and planning they did, and may even feel a competitive desire to surpass fatality counts of their homicidal idols," (as per my source).

Therefore, anything short of the media glorifying can produce aftershocks.

The Last Outlaw

Mass shootings seem to be contagious [1], and potential solutions include not "sharing photos, writings, 'manifestos,' personal likes and dislikes, family, work, and school history, or weapon preference of mass shooters with the public, especially given that many would-be killers identify in themselves similarities with the troubles of past killers, are inspired by their “bravery” and fame, are fascinated with the weapons and planning they did, and may even feel a competitive desire to surpass fatality counts of their homicidal idols," (as per my source).

Therefore, anything short of the media glorifying can produce aftershocks.
The media is gonna do it's job reporting on this stuff. They are not "glorifying" the shooter. At the same time, like I said before, most times, the shoot is gonna kill himself before they would be brought to justice. The only way someone like this is getting glorified is both of these are happening: he's still breathing and he's still RUNNING!

TRUE LIBERTY

The media is gonna do it's job reporting on this stuff. They are not "glorifying" the shooter. At the same time, like I said before, most times, the shoot is gonna kill himself before they would be brought to justice. The only way someone like this is getting glorified is both of these are happening: he's still breathing and he's still RUNNING!
If the media can glorify the shooter to make all good gun owners look bad they will and do. The media is a bunch of useless turds.

The Last Outlaw

If the media can glorify the shooter to make all good gun owners look bad they will and do. The media is a bunch of useless turds.
Explain this then. Different subject to an extent. First the theory: "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Armed security guard working a bar outside of Chicago is doing his job, taking out a drunk and disorder patron. That patron came back with a gun and opened fire in the bar. The guard fired back and ran the patron back outside. Someone inside the bar calls the police. The guard has the drunk patron down waiting for police to show up. Police does show up, and the cop shoots the security guard. No questions, no assessing the situation.

NO MEDIA COVERAGE.

Scratch that.

Last edited:

TRUE LIBERTY

Explain this then. Different subject to an extent. First the theory: "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Armed security guard working a bar outside of Chicago is doing his job, taking out a drunk and disorder patron. That patron came back with a gun and opened fire in the bar. The guard fired back and ran the patron back outside. Someone inside the bar calls the police. The guard has the drunk patron down waiting for police to show up. Police does show up, and the cop shoots the security guard. No questions, no assessing the situation.

NO MEDIA COVERAGE.
I don’t know why does the press ignore the dozens of gang shootings of black on black crime in Chicago happening every day?

The Last Outlaw

I don’t know why does the press ignore the dozens of gang shootings of black on black crime in Chicago happening every day?
That I agree with you on. On top of that, it's stupidity that gangs in Chicago (or any major city) are willing to fight and die for a (small) piece of concrete.

psalms91

That law is going to far I believe in the second amendment but I also can see the need for more restrictions on weapons that can kill large numbers of people in a short amount of time

Top Bottom