Mandatory drug testing

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Should all high schools conduct mandatory drug testing on their students? (Why or Why Not)

F

foogle

Yes, Friday they party and monday is school. lol. Hopefully the drug is out of their body by that day.

J

jy55

No, I think it's a private matter - unless they're on PCP going to do a school shooting LOL

Snog

No, I think it's a private matter - unless they're on PCP going to do a school shooting LOL
There's a flaw in that argument. If there's no drug testing, how would anyone know they are on PCP (or any other drug)?

I would say yes to drug testing in schools and get the parents involved with the first positive. Then police and health care involved for repeated users.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Should all high schools conduct mandatory drug testing on their students? (Why or Why Not)

YES.

But start with the District Administration, then the school stafff and teachers.

J

jy55

Drug testing is needed for airplane pilots - but not janitors or school students. It's simply a private matter of parents etc..

Snog

Drug testing is needed for airplane pilots - but not janitors or school students. It's simply a private matter of parents etc..
Assuming you're not being sarcastic....

So as a parent you wouldn't want to know if your 16 year old son/daughter is doing drugs? If you do want to know, how would you find out? Would you randomly take your child to be drug tested?

J

jy55

Assuming you're not being sarcastic....
O.K., I will use emoticons for sarcasm.

So as a parent you wouldn't want to know if your 16 year old son/daughter is doing drugs? If you do want to know, how would you find out? Would you randomly take your child to be drug tested?
I don't like nanny states - and also schools getting involved in sex education and drug stuff - is nosy. Come on, imagine the joke of going to a class of freshmen in high school or middle school - and some lady is discussing condoms - LOL - or we are watching some cheesy sex-ed video.

Top Bottom