Man tries to sue Spearmint Rhino over £7,500 stripper bill

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
A stag party guest is suing Spearmint Rhino after spending £7,500 on strippers while he was ‘drunk’.

Gil David, 34, said he consumed more than 30 alcoholic drinks in just 12 hours when he was in Bournemouth, in August 2013.

When he woke up the next day he found a large credit card bill in his hotel room, which included £1,800 in tips for the women he had been with at the club.

Mr David, a business manager from Portstewart, Northern Ireland, said he couldn’t remember much of the night but was told by staff he was constantly surrounded by strippers.

He claimed the club had ‘exploited’ his drunkenness when he represented himself at Central London County Court.

‘I wasn’t in control of my faculties and didn’t realise what I was doing and what I was spending,’ he said.

‘I was coerced into spending what turned out to be a third of my salary in five hours.

‘I’m not an oligarch or a footballer.’

Mr David was attending a friend’s stag party and had downed beers and Jagermeister shots all day.

He said the club continued to serve him alcohol even though they saw he was drunk.
Is he responsible for the bill? (why/Why Not)

R

Rinko

He was drunk; that was his choice, and he should have known his limitations. Or can we allow 'I didn't know what I was doing because I was too drunk' as a defence for crimes, such as rape, or murder?

He is at fault, he should pay for his mistakes.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
IMO, the bar is partially at fault too. They continued to serve him alcohol fully knowing he was drunk. They should have refused to serve him. If he had left there and drove a car in that condition and got into an accident, the bar could be held liable.

APS

Unarmed
It reminds me of the saying
"A Fool and his money are soon parted"

S

Shortie861

I'd have to say that it was his fault, he knew his limits and should have been more careful but I do agree that the bar could take some of the blame as they maybe should have told him that it was time for him to leave and go home instead of keep serving him. Unfortunately some places will keep serving because they think of the money over someone's well being.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
Pay your bill and learn your lesson...

... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... ....

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... ... damned amateur.

--

Top Bottom