Look to the skies for best Perseid meteor shower for years

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"These images may look like something from a science fiction film but they were actually taken in Devon.
ad_215201285.jpg
ad_215201248.jpg
ad_215201011.jpg
They show Perseid meteors lighting up the night sky as they burn through Earth’s atmosphere at 37 miles per second.

The brilliant light shows can be observed from July 17 through to August 24 so you’ve still got time to see them live.

This year’s spectacle will be more dramatic than usual as the shooting stars will reach the high point in their 12-year activity cycle.

We could end up seeing 150 to 200 of the shooting stars per hour, with the meteors due to reach their maximum level at around lunchtime on Friday.

This year’s spectacle will be more dramatic than usual as the shooting stars will reach the high point in their 12-year activity cycle.

We could end up seeing 150 to 200 of the shooting stars per hour, with the meteors due to reach their maximum level at around lunchtime on Friday.

‘They’re fairly swift and dash across the sky quite quickly leaving trains behind them.’

The best times to see the meteors are during the hours of darkness between Thursday and Saturday this week."

Source

otis booard

"Levotur5" by Ondraid Kots
In Italy "il notte di San Lorenzo" in August is renowned for being a cosmic spectacle with shooting stars speeding in the night sky. I believe the night has no set date but changes on an annual basis. It is definitely within the window of this article.

If in Italy during this time I do enjoy wishing on a shooting star, especially with friends and family. One gets a fantastic view from the beach.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
If in Italy during this time I do enjoy wishing on a shooting star, especially with friends and family. One gets a fantastic view from the beach.
The beach sounds like a beautiful place to watch them from.

otis booard

"Levotur5" by Ondraid Kots
The beach sounds like a beautiful place to watch them from.
Yeah, those nights live in the memory for ever. Next year I hope to be sharing that experience with my wifeee and my family over there.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
It was so overcast last night, there was no hope of seeing anything.

Top Bottom