• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Locked yourself out

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Have you ever accidently locked yourself out of your house/apartment? If so, how did you get back in?

APS

Unarmed
Never but we have safeguards in place just in case.
I have a key,wife has a key & we keep another at our sons.

Dee

Yeah, actually, just recently. My key broke off in the lock when I was going to work one morning. I didn't have my tools since they were inside the apartment and didn't have an extra key. Fortunately, my mom had one from when she lived here, so that helped quite a bit. She brought it to me at work and the landlord had some maintenance guy pull the broken off key out of the lock.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Yeah, actually, just recently. My key broke off in the lock when I was going to work one morning. I didn't have my tools since they were inside the apartment and didn't have an extra key. Fortunately, my mom had one from when she lived here, so that helped quite a bit. She brought it to me at work and the landlord had some maintenance guy pull the broken off key out of the lock.
That was very fortunate that your mom had an extra key. Would they have charged you if they had to change the lock?

Beaky

blah
one time i went out drinking forgot i gave my key to my friend so when i got home i was locked out so i slept in the garden

Dee

That was very fortunate that your mom had an extra key. Would they have charged you if they had to change the lock?
I don't think so. I told the landlord I had an extra key so he didn't have to get one for me. I guess if it happens again that I'll find out.

I remember one time my mom locked herself, my sister and I out. One of us had to climb through the front window to let us in.

It was so long ago, my mind is fuzzy.

TRUE LIBERTY

My business has made me very good at using lock picks for getting into vacant homes so getting locked out of a home is not something that worries me.

Vengeance

Creatively influx.
Yeah, once or twice. I had to wait until one of my parents got home or my grandparents so they could unlock the door. I usually have a spare or double check my pockets before leaving to go anywhere or locking the door just in case, don't want to accidentally walk out, lock the door and then realize I locked myself out.

My apartment complex charges $50 for a lockout, which to me, sounds outrageous.

Top Bottom