• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Liverpool's Miraculous Comeback

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Down 3-0 after the first leg of their Champions League semifinal against Barcelona, Liverpool looked down and out, need to win by 4 goals in the second leg. And, stunningly, they did exactly that, with the fourth goal coming from Divock Origi via a sneakily brilliant pass from a corner.

Click here to watch

Liverpool will face either Ajax or Tottenham (who face off tomorrow) in the Champions League final.
---------------
Brilliant goal!

SwishUK

Well just to correct you the football game is tonight :) but I still think it will be Ajax in the final; especially considering they have an away goal and a full squad to choose from.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Well just to correct you the football game is tonight :) but I still think it will be Ajax in the final; especially considering they have an away goal and a full squad to choose from.
What did you think of the sneaky goal?

SwishUK

Watching the game. Seriously cannot believe it. Last 30 seconds of the match and they scored! Good on them! First time they have hit Champions league final.

Hollow Horse

Fairly stable
I think Becker's performance was as important as anything else on the night. Two key saves kept Liverpool in the hunt. Schoolboy defending from Barca, unbelievably naive. All the ingredients were there for the comeback, it was just that without Salah and Firmino, no-one really believed Liverpool would turn it around, That made it more exciting and more credible. Attention turns to Sunday now and the EPL. I would like Liverpool to win it on the basis that they've never won it before. And I do feel that something strange is gonna happen at Brighton. But the run that Manchester City are on, you couldn't really argue against them being worthy champions if that is what happens.

SwishUK

Yeah I think Barca believed they had it in the bag. Heck even I thought they did! I thought we would win that leg, but not on aggregate at all. TAA corner was genius, especially as Shaq was coming to take it. Very well played and thought process there.

I have actually heard from a few people that Brighton might actually hold City, as they have no fear of relegation so not needing to attack. They will play football and have good defense. But at the same time City have it in their sites, I can’t imagine they will let it go really! I don’t think we would get this chance again next season sadly. Still top 4 finish but hard pushed for 1st or 2nd.

Hollow Horse

Fairly stable
Now the final is to be streamed live on the BT Sport YouTube app so on our smart TV we will be able to see the game, hope it won't be full of buffering! :Chick:

SwishUK

Also I think Spurs were “inspired” by the win that Liverpool done. Don’t really know what’s going on with wheres the finals are taking place. They should keep about 10 or so stadiums on hold at start of year and then when it’s semi finals see whose left and pick a stadium that’s closer. I watch all the games on tv too!

SwishUK

Yeah and apparently there are no more flights to Madrid and no hotels available. So UEFA are suggesting people go to Barcelona to stay, which means trouble as fans always targets Liverpool fans. They should have saved about 10 stadiums in Europe, then when it was realised all English clubs have gone through have the millennium stadium in Cardiff for Champions league final and maybe Hillsborough for Europa League.

Naiwen

This is so confusing, I thought “American football!” Can’t you guys in Europe call it “soccer” too?

Hollow Horse

Fairly stable
Nope. Soccer is American. Football is everywhere else. And shouldn't Yakety's have an official FOOTBALL thread. Then I could write about the Sunderland v Portsmouth play-off I just watched. :ICU:

Webster

This is so confusing, I thought “American football!” Can’t you guys in Europe call it “soccer” too?
Nope. Soccer is American. Football is everywhere else. And shouldn't Yakety's have an official FOOTBALL thread. Then I could write about the Sunderland v Portsmouth play-off I just watched. :ICU:
Actually, soccer is a British term that came into being in order to differentiate it from other forms of football, what eventually became rugby and gridiron football.

SwishUK

Doesn’t matter where it started Webster it’s football now haha. And considering pretty much every country that plays it refers to it as football that’s what it will stay as. But yes I think we need a football forum/thread.

@Hollow Horse Did Pompey go through? I really wanted Pompey to get promoted to Championship and Saints to get relegated and have proper southern derby again.

Top Bottom