"Listen Putin, we will come to Russia and will kill you at your homes ..."

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Islamic State calls on members to carry out jihad in Russia

Islamic State called on its group members to carry out jihad in Russia in a nine-minute YouTube video on Sunday.

"Listen Putin, we will come to Russia and will kill you at your homes ... Oh Brothers, carry out jihad and kill and fight them," a masked man driving a car in the desert yelled while wagging his finger in the last couple of minutes of the video.
more
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-russia-idUSKCN10B0WI

Dee

Hey, more power to them. They're threatening a more unstable country there, like a tiger in a broken cage and the locks are just about to fall off.

Webster

I'm of two minds here...on the one hand, IS's threat above should be a reminder that they are still a threat to the civilized world. OTOH, given the threat was aimed towards Russia, I kinda think the West ought to say to Russia, "Good luck; it was nice knowing you."

Kaunisto

I'm surprised this hasn't been going on for long, I'd expect ISIS not to be too happy about Russia's general backing on Al-Assad.

Here's something many people aren't aware of: there's lots of muslims in Russia. There are more muslims in Russia than in USA or UK or Germany or even France (at least if you include immigrant workers).
With that kind of numbers, you're bound to have some nutcases among them.

Worldwide

it is amazing to read the opinion of you guys towards Russia, as if you think that are some poor weak little broken country that is about to fall apart or something. Don't underestimate them or believe everything you read and hear in your media.

Webster

it is amazing to read the opinion of you guys towards Russia, as if you think that are some poor weak little broken country that is about to fall apart or something. Don't underestimate them or believe everything you read and hear in your media.
No one's underestimating them, Worldwide...but given both Vladimir Putin's history and Russia's actions in Eastern & Central Europe, its' awfully hard to sympathize with them, my friend.

Worldwide

No one's underestimating them, Worldwide...but given both Vladimir Putin's history and Russia's actions in Eastern & Central Europe, its' awfully hard to sympathize with them, my friend.
what has he done in central Europe? Hard to tell with all the NATO troops in the way.

Webster

what has he done in central Europe?
Let's see.... (1) illegally invading Ukraine, not once in Crimea but twice and supporting Russian separatists, (2) parking tens of thousands of Russian troops opposite the Baltics and Poland (neither of whom frankly want to return to being Russian vassal states)...those two come to mind.

Russia wants to return to the world community as an equal? It can get out of Crimea and it can stop supporting the Donbass separatists....until then, Russia - and its' apologists - can politely go pound copious amounts of sand.

Kaunisto

Russia/Putin doesn't want to be equal, they want to be recognized as a superpower like Soviet Union once was.

Top Bottom