• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Letour

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
Tour_de_France_logo_2016.png

Stage Four already:

1. SAGAN P. TNK 14h 34' 36''
2. ALAPHILIPPE J. EQS 00' 08''
3. VALVERDE A. MOV 00' 10''
4. FROOME C. SKY 00' 14''
5. BARGUIL W. TGA 00' 14''
6. QUINTANA N. MOV 00' 14''
7. KREUZIGER R. TNK 00' 14''

visuel-live-620x300-us.jpg

Home

Tour de France 2016: Mark Cavendish wins stage three – as it happened!
After a long, drawn-out day in the saddle, stage three saw a dramatic ending, as Mark Cavendish beat André Greipel to the line in a photo finish to claim his 28th Tour stage win
Tour de France 2016: Mark Cavendish wins stage three – as it happened!

Last edited:

DrLeftover

LAC DE PAYOLLE, France (VN) — The Tour de France’s inflatable arch marking one kilometer remaining fell and caused Adam Yates to crash and stopped the overall favorites. The Orica – BikeExchange climber, who had been around 10 seconds up the road, crossed the finish line with a bloody face, minutes behind the GC group.

Tour event director Thierry Gouvenou said immediately afterward that the race organizer ASO would take the times for the overall at the 3km to go marker. It is unsure, however, if 23-year-old Brit Adam Yates suffered serious injury.

Yates attacked the main group with Daniel Martin (Etixx – Quick-Step) over the Col d’Aspin with seven kilometers remaining. When the television images showed him, he was entangled with the arch. He stood up as the other favorites arrived and sat back down on the pavement. His bike was seen tangled in the deflated arch.
Collapsed inflatable arch causes chaos in stage 7 finish - VeloNews.com

DrLeftover

What other sporting event begins with a rolling circus every single day?

The Publicity Caravan for the Tour de France:

--

Webster

Well, today's Stage 12 was a late-race cluster-f***....

_90389960_gettyimages-547297318.jpg
(BBC News) Britain's Chris Froome was forced to run without a bike following a crash with a motorbike on one of the most iconic climbs of the Tour de France.

Froome crashed with Richie Porte and Bauke Mollema less than one kilometre from the finish on Mont Ventoux. The defending champion was overtaken by rivals Adam Yates and Nairo Quintana in the melee but race organisers ruled Froome should retain the overall lead.

Thomas de Gendt won stage 12, which had been shortened because of high winds.

Speaking to French TV, Froome, the 2013 and 2015 champion said: "I was with Richie Porte and Bauke Mollema and all three of us went into the back of the motorbike. I got hit from behind by another motorbike that broke my bicycle.

"I told myself, 'I don't have a bike and my car is five minutes behind with another bike - it's too far away, I'm going to run a bit'."

The Team Sky rider finished one minute and 40 seconds behind Trek-Segafredo's Mollema, who had immediately managed to remount his bike, and 44 seconds behind BMC's Porte.

But Porte and Froome were given the same time as Mollema, five minutes five seconds behind Lotto Soudal rider De Gendt.

Froome said: "I'm happy with the jury's decision. I think it's right. Thanks to them and thanks to the Tour de France organisation."
Tour de France: Chris Froome forced to run up Mont Ventoux after crash

Top Bottom