• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Site Issue - Resolved Less Subforums Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderMadi

Don't Make Me Destroy You
I have been an active member and a moderator of many forums for several years already and a rule that all admins agreed to is that a new forum with less forums/categories is best to be able to focus and post quality content (which is the main grabber for new members)

I was randomly checking the music forums and hoaah I found almost all the genre subforums empty and to be honest, they looked bad for me but I know the situation as I has been there before but for new members or those using the forums for just discussions? I guess this may not be a good sign of an active forum.

My suggestion is that you cram as much forums as you can into single forums then create subforums/branches by time as they get demanded.

Thanks!

D

DaveM

They way those add on work for those area it becomes very hard to add subforums at a later stage, we would rather let it run for a few month as it is and then possibly remove some of them. (y)

D

Daniel

This forum also will start filling those sections pretty quick here as well ;) this community is derived off of one that is closing up :) I am sure if they don't fill up in a few months like @DaveM said then they'll start picking off a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom