Legal Drinking Age

Jazzy

Forum Admin
The legal age for purchasing or publicly consuming alcohol in the United States is 21 based on the National Minimum Drinking Age Act that was passed in 1984.
--------------------
Questions: Is the drinking age sensible?

Is it right people who are 18 can vote for President and join the military but can’t have a beer?

Cordante

Jazzy's Barista
Can't see the harm, i were drinking dads homemade moonshine 96% with my parents permission from the age of 15. I turned out right didn't i? :LOL: With that said in Norway we are allowed to buy/consume beer and whine up to 15% i think when your 18 and everything above 15% is from 20 years old and up.

F

foogle

The legal age for purchasing or publicly consuming alcohol in the United States is 21 based on the National Minimum Drinking Age Act that was passed in 1984.
--------------------
Questions: Is the drinking age sensible?

Is it right people who are 18 can vote for President and join the military but can’t have a beer?
It varies in some states. You can get a drivers license at the age of 15 in Maryland.

Kaunisto

18 in Finland, 21 to buy hard liqueur (not sure the definition, something above 10%) except that limit is only on buying bottle from store, you can buy any drink in bar at 18.
Reasonable system, I think.

TechWiz18

He's a wizard :O
It does seem a little odd that they wait until 21 for alcohol but they think that an 18-year-old is sensible enough to vote. I think it'd be reasonable to have to change to 18 but it couldn't hurt to have some restrictions until you're 21 like Finland does...that seems like a good idea.

SwishUK

Over here it’s legal age to have sex and play the lottery at 16, drive at 17 and everything else at 18. But if you go out for a family meal somewhere and the pub/restaurant agrees to it you can have a wine/cider/beer with your meal at 16.

It is however not illegal for a child to drink alcohol at home from 5 onwards which is cray cray.

Top Bottom