• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Leftwing in Maine Just Voted in Favor of Assisted Suicide

TRUE LIBERTY

After seeing Europe now killing children because they have become to much of a burden to help I don’t want government anywhere near this decision.

Quote:

We just set foot on the slippery slope.

The liberal Democrat-led state senate in Maine voted to legalize assisted suicide last week, and the governor, also a Democrat, is deciding whether to sign it into law.

Maine Gov. Janet Mills has 10 days to sign the bill, which would permit doctors to prescribe a fatal dose of medication to “terminally ill” patients.

The House, also led by Democrats, passed the measure by one vote – 73-72. There is a chilling trend.

This was taken of me holding a picture of my parents two years ago at Christmas time.
Seven other states have similar laws on the books labeled as “right to die” legislation.

I see nowhere in the United States Constitution where we have that right. I am aware of the “right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,” but not the other.

The pro-death movement has been successful in playing on emotions and disguising its agenda as a motive to provide “death with dignity.”

Maine’s pending legislation defines terminal illness as an “incurable and irreversible disease that has been medically confirmed and will, within reasonable medical judgment, produce death within six months.”

Have doctors ever been wrong?

I am friends with a man who goes to our church who was given four weeks to live because he had stage four cancer. He was sent home from the Cleveland Clinic to get things in order and die. There was no hope or nothing the medical world could do.

That was about 15 years ago. He’s still alive and kicking. Doctors can be wrong, and God can heal.

What would have been his outcome if liberals were in charge back then or his physician took it upon himself to administer lethal medication?

My parents walking me across the field on “Parents Night” my senior year of football.
A controversial legal suicide occurred last weekend in the Netherlands when a 17-year-old went to an end-of-life clinic to be legally euthanized because she was depressed after being raped.

Her life had value. Instead of helping her mental condition, “authorities” and “professionals” let her die.

If assisted suicide is allowed, there will be an onslaught from the grim reapers who want to end the life of a person who THEY deem unworthy to live.

According to the National Institute of Mental Health, depression is one of the most common mental disorders in the U.S.

For some people, major depression can interfere with or limit one’s ability to carry out major life activities.

In 2017, about 11 million U.S. adults over the age of 18 had at least one major depressive episode with severe impairment. This amounts to about 4.5 percent of all adults in the nation.

That’s a lot of people who could be “legally killed” if liberals get their way.

The word “compassion” is a complete disguise, and it makes the people making the decision feel less guilty about reality.
I have been involved in the pro-life movement for decades. I also sat on the board for Ohio Right to Life for a couple of years and previously served on an advisory board for our local Hospice. Naturally, when people talk and think about being pro-life, they assume you are talking about abortion.

The issue of assisted suicide and euthanasia sometimes does not get the ink that unborn babies get. And that’s okay. It’s an issue that can be sensitive. After all, when we talk about euthanasia or assisted suicide, we are dealing with a person’s documented life on earth.

Top Bottom