• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Kids as young as six learn how to use guns

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Nine-year-old Aiden Roberts is a graduate from a gun safety class near Mint Hill - tailored to kids like him.

“There was no other class like this,” Michael Pegram of Echo Firearm Training says. “So, I decided to come up with it.”

There, the children spend four hours, both in classroom time, and shooting.
“It’s the parents’ choice of what their kids should be around,” Pegram says. “I’m just offering a class to let them learn to be safe, if they’re going to be around them.”

They work from a Nerf gun, Pegram says, to a .22, or nine-millimeter.

Some students are as young as six, he says."

More
----------------------
Good, takes the mystery out of it. A controlled environment can help kids learn about to respect the power of these weapons. Capable humans know how to defend themselves and others.

I understand that Europeans may read this article and be horrified, but there are 300 million guns in the US and a gun culture that is not going away any time soon. So much better to regulate and teach people from a young age about guns than try to pretend like they don’t exist.

Your thoughts?

Kaunisto

Teaching about guns, what they are, how they work, what can they do, how they should be handled... no objections.
Actually teaching to shoot, well that brings the question of what is appropriate age for it.

psalms91

I think it is great at least they can be safe when handling a weapon

Top Bottom