• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Joining a new forum

Jazzy

Forum Admin
When you are thinking of joining a new forum, what gets you to join?

APS

Unarmed
Firstly need to be able to browse the forum without being forced to register.
So long as it has a variety of different forums I'm tempted :)

S

Shortie861

A good friendly atmosphere, a good range of forums and a steady flow of activity are usually the main ones that get me interested enough to join :)

Dee

What they offer in terms of forum categories, the activeness of the forum, and the type of content as well as the theme.

Ghoul

I don't really do much foruming these days. But back when, it had to have a nice skin and be something I was interested in.

T

Tyler

I don't really do much foruming these days. But back when, it had to have a nice skin and be something I was interested in.
Same. I just used Wober and now this forum in the past 3 years lol

S

Shortie861

I agree. Cannot stand forums where is full of closed-minded pricks.
I agree, I find you are never able to fit in when you get forums like that. It's like they are all close knit friends and anyone else who makes an effort to join in ends up feeling like they are out of place.

S

Star

If it's active. I then see how friendly the admin is when speaking to his/her members.

J

Justbec

Friendly people and an active forum. It doesn't have to be a big place or have tons of topics, but I like to know people actually post there.

D

DaveM

Lately even with all of the above taken into account and if it is a great place the forum software being used can put me off big time.

Webster

A good friendly atmosphere, a good range of forums and a steady flow of activity are usually the main ones that get me interested enough to join :)
What they offer in terms of forum categories, the activeness of the forum, and the type of content as well as the theme.
If it's active. I then see how friendly the admin is when speaking to his/her members.
Friendly people and an active forum. It doesn't have to be a big place or have tons of topics, but I like to know people actually post there.
^ ^ ^
What all of them above said. :)

Jazzy

Forum Admin
The other thing is that the forum has to offer a light theme too. I cannot stay for more than 15 minutes on a dark theme. For some reason, it strains my eyes even though I have perfect vision.

Angel

No Drama Zone!
The theme to start with because I cannot tolerate a dark theme. Other than that... I only belong to my own forum...which is a graphics teaching forum. One other animation forum...and LDS forum and now this forum.

I joined here because I followed Theezy/Joe around for about 10 years. Wasn't really active, but did lurk in his forum a lot. When he closed and Jazzy opened this... I figured i would follow her around. LOL

Oh wait... I didn't answer the question. I look for fun, easy, no pressure type forums. But I won't be looking anymore cause you have a great forum going on.

S

Sariki

I really do my best to try an look to see if there is a sense of community. I don't want to be around tension and anger. I also look to see if the Admins back up their mods as well as discipline them when they are wrong.
Content and member count are also huge to me. I don't want to be apart of a forum where people never post and no one ever joins.

K

Kid B

The other thing is that the forum has to offer a light theme too. I cannot stay for more than 15 minutes on a dark theme. For some reason, it strains my eyes even though I have perfect vision.
Yeah dark themes don't sit with me either. I will one day open a forum and it will be not harsh on the eyes and certainly not dark or like something from outer space. Maybe I can learn a lot from this place and the people here first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom