• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Jaws (1975)

Howard

4.25 star(s) Rating: 4.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Jaws

Tagline: Don't go in the water.

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Adventure

Director: Steven Spielberg

Cast: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton, Carl Gottlieb, Jeffrey Kramer, Susan Backlinie, Jonathan Filley, Chris Rebello, Jay Mello, Lee Fierro, Jeffrey Voorhees, Craig Kingsbury, Robert Nevin, Ted Grossman, Peter Benchley, Dorothy Fielding, Steven Spielberg, Denise Cheshire, Fritzi Jane Courtney, David Engelbach, Belle McDonald, Joseph Oliveira, Beverly Powers, Ayn Ruymen, Christopher Sands, Rex Trailer, Philip Ettington

Release: 1975-06-18

Runtime: 124

Plot: An insatiable great white shark terrorizes the townspeople of Amity Island, The police chief, an oceanographer and a grizzled shark hunter seek to destroy the bloodthirsty beast.

Kaunisto

I've always thought it somewhat overrated. Most of the film is boring and/or annoying and I've never found any of it scary. (Of course there aren't sharks where I live...)
Sure, there are good bits and the cast is very good, but I don't think it quite deserves the classic status it has because it was huge commercial success.

Worldwide

Classic ... Even to this day you just need to go 'dun dun, dun dun, dun dun dun dun dun dun'
And people know exactly what you mean lol

J

Justbec

I loved this movie, I saw it in the theater when it was released. For it's time it was an amazing film. And growing up in the South where you swam in the ocean at night without a thought... it scared the crap out of me. I went from swimming in the ocean at night to being afraid to even swim during the day.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom