Is this campaign to ban dogs in public because they’re ‘impure’ real?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
Leaflets have been handed out apparently calling for a ban on dogs in public places.

Describing them as ‘impure’, campaign group For Public Purity wants them to be barred from ‘public spheres’ out of respect for Muslim families.

The leaflets have been distributed in Manchester in areas where there are large Muslim populations, including Muslims who own dogs.
js94789965.jpg
Clifton Green, a 36-year-old father-of-two from Salford, said his street was leafleted. The family have a puppy. He said: ‘There are mixed messages on Facebook. There are people who are suggesting that this is being done to get a rise out of people but it could be people that are against Muslims – to whip up issues.

‘We were a little bit concerned at first that it was somebody targeting us because we have a dog, but leaflets have been posted to other houses on the street.

‘I am slightly concerned by it. I have got a lot of Muslim friends and people who I work with. It is going down the route of telling people how to live their lives and I do not think anyone should be doing that. I would not impose my beliefs and my view of life on other people.’

Councillor Naeem Hassan said: ‘I think this is somebody trying to divide the community. I do not see any problems at all. I want to say to people to just ignore this.’
Thoughts?

APS

Unarmed
Did they leaflet the Police telling them to keep Police dogs off the streets ?

Bluezone777

This is ultimately what happens when the Muslim population becomes large enough in any given area where they can slowly restructure the law into one to their liking. It starts with little things that the majority would consider putting up with out of respect or a willingness to coexist but eventually you end up with sharia law. They will not integrate into any society that they are found in unless they are forced to due to not having enough presence in the area to effect the elections. The end result of all this will be your country resembling the middle east.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
In my opinion, this has been done by a racist troll to amplify islamophobia.

Webster

This is ultimately what happens when the Muslim population becomes large enough in any given area where they can slowly restructure the law into one to their liking. It starts with little things that the majority would consider putting up with out of respect or a willingness to coexist but eventually you end up with sharia law. They will not integrate into any society that they are found in unless they are forced to due to not having enough presence in the area to effect the elections. The end result of all this will be your country resembling the middle east.
In my opinion, this has been done by a racist troll to amplify islamophobia.
Or @Bluezone777 , this could be like what @Jazzy said; someone's trying to gin up a controversy here that didn't exist...and if what you said is true, BZ, travel up to Dearborn or Hamtramck, both of which have large - and well-integrated into American society - Muslim communities; plenty of dogs walking the streets there....so what was your point again?

Bluezone777

But the question remains: For how long? Either you are arguing that this leaflet is not coming from a Muslim or it is and they in America simply refuse to take their belief system as seriously as they do elsewhere.

Speaking of which, I really think you should go to their site as they leave a lot of important details out of their leaflet.

For Public Purity <--- link is right there

From the site... which are all surrounded by ""

"In order to help Muslims live their lives according to their beliefs, we request that dogs be banned from the public sphere."

Which sounds fine but a bit later you find...

"In order to help Muslims live their lives according to their beliefs, we demand that dogs be banned from the public sphere."

So which is it because request and demand are not interchangeable words as it's either one or the other.

"it is imperative that the British people understand that in order to allow Muslims to feel truly welcomed, it is up to the British themselves to agree to some things that might make them feel uncomfortable."

If they were really interested in integrating themselves into the community they are moving into, shouldn't they be wiling to make concessions to fit in rather then expecting the host to make accommodations for them or at least have it be two sided. This clearly looks like an one sided you do for us what we won't do for you.

"We as Muslims see the adherence to the traditions and rules of Islam as an obligation of the highest order."

Just in case you were thinking they were going to let any part of their belief system slide in the name of integrating themselves into the country. They view it all as equally important so they won't be making concessions anywhere.

"If dogs are not permitted to be present in public, Muslims could live their lives with a burden lifted from their shoulders and without having to fear being tainted with no fault of their own."

Shouldn't the burden of conforming and following a religion be on the believer and not the one who doesn't believe? Why should it be my concern as an unbeliever how well or not they are able to maintain their conformity to their religion?

"As citizens of a multicultural nation, those who live in the UK must learn to understand and respect the legacy and lifestyle of the Muslims who live alongside them."

Why is the creators of these leaflets see no need for their to be any obligation for Muslims moving into the UK to understand and respect the legacy and lifestyle of the people who live in the country they are moving into? Why is it all so one sided?

"This is why it is imperative that the British people understand that in order to allow Muslims to feel truly welcomed, it is up to the British themselves to agree to some things that might make them feel uncomfortable. It is true that dogs are well loved as pets, but the inter-cultural relations inside the kingdom should prevail."

Once again so one sided as has been par for the course for them. Why should their issues with dogs mean I have to restrict where my dog can go. Why should a dog owner be banned from the park while with his dog. Sounds to me like I would need to change my lifestyle if I were a dog owner in the UK while the Muslim has to do nothing to integrate himself into the country. Notice no concessions are made by the leaflet creator for those who use dogs as service animals because as I said before they are not interested in any concessions whatsoever even for those who have dogs as service animals. To them all dogs are a disease and removing them from sight is the only cure offered by them and found acceptable to them.

"In order to understand why Muslims consider dogs impure, one(UK Citizen) must familiarize himself with a tale from the biography of the prophet (al-Sira al-nabawiyya)

Why should I need to research and read about this story and what if I am familiar with it and still regard it as fiction that has no lessons to offer me about life? Am I off the hook now or do I not only need to know the story but act as it is the depiction of a real life event that happened and has real life impacts for me all the while not even being part of the religion. Wow, that is a lot to ask for of an nonbeliever of Islam. Where are all their efforts to know the culture of the UK in regards to why the British people keep dogs as pets to begin with? Once again one sided as usual here.

"When asked why dogs are impure, Muslim clerics have a definitive answer: dogs eat and touch impure things, and thus are impure themselves and defile what the touch with their tongues."

So if I as a person licked their food or their utensils, it will still be clean or would they throw it all out and demand that it get redone so why all the fuss over how unclean dogs are when we wouldn't eat food or use utensils licked by anything including dogs.

It's hard for me to believe they want to integrate themselves as a whole when you see stuff like this being put out by proclaimed believers of Islam. It sounds to me like they much rather have you integrate into their society a piece at a time. I don't regard any society as perfect but I can safely say I do not want what they have in the middle east to find its way into the UK. I think they are much better off with their own culture even if it has its issues as does any culture.

L

leapinglena

if you come to my country....you should follow our rules....not the other way around....do not try to force your beliefs and your rules on me....or your religion

Top Bottom