• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Is DLC important to you?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
There are a lot of video games offering downloadable content (DLC) as an expansion of the original game.

Is it important for you to buy the DLC and play the video game with it or no? And why?

Kaunisto

I don't think my computers can run anything new enough to have actual DLC...

But likening it to old separately sold expansions, I do prefer to have the kind of collections or gold/deluxe editions that include it all.

I don't like that expansions are made so integral parts of storyline of game series as they often are, but since that's the case, one has to get them eventually.

To be fair, in DLC/expansions they've often fixed some major design faults of the original game, making them better than the game itself.

Aura

Ocean Soul
Depends on the game. Some games I am happy to play the base game, but then others like Final Fantasy XIV, Destiny, Elder Scrolls, I buy the DLC.

Howard

If it's a game that I really like than yes, I feel like I must have it. If its a game I don't like and don't care about, than no.

For instance dlc for Diablo 3 and Fallout 4 were must haves for me.

Howard

It also depends on the game for me. Like Mortal Kombat 11 where they sell characters as dlc. I love the game. But the DLC characters aren't worth buying because I bought Shao Kahn for 6 dollars and he's a terrible fighter in the game. So I'm glad I didn't invest more in this game.

Top Bottom