"Iran's Only Female Olympic Medalist Says She's Permanently Left Country"

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
1578835078806.png

(quoted)
Kimia Alizadeh, Iran's only female Olympic medalist, says she has permanently left the country, decrying what she called the "injustice" and "hypocrisy" of an Iranian political system that uses and humiliates athletes for political purposes.

"Should I start with hello, goodbye, or condolences?" she wrote on Instagram on January 11.

The 21-year-old Alizadeh, who won a bronze medal in taekwondo at the 2016 Rio Olympics, did not say where she was writing from, but in the past has said she wants to settle in the Netherlands.

In her statement, she said she wanted nothing more than "taekwondo, security, and a happy, healthy life."

But she said she no longer wanted to "sit at the table of hypocrisy, lies, injustice, and flattery."
(end quote)

(if you look very closely you will see that this story is NOT from Fox News.)

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
From another source:

On Thursday, news of Alizadeh's disappearance shocked the country.

Iranian parliamentarian Abdolkarim Hosseinzadeh had demanded answers, accusing “incompetent officials” of allowing Iran's “human capital to flee” the country.

TRUE LIBERTY

Good for her, hopefully she didn’t have any family she left behind because they might suffer.

Howard

It's a good thing she left. Maybe she should move to America and go on the news and talk about bad Iran is.

TRUE LIBERTY

It’s funny how if Iran’s terrorists get killed the press is all over it. But if the people are happy about these people getting killed our press doesn’t seem to like to cover it. So since our press has so much invested in defending Iran because they hate Trump she won’t get much coverage.

Top Bottom