In parts of the US it’s totally fine to walk round like this…

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
The heavily armed man is, in Ohio, it’s completely legal to walk around with the rife – so long as he has a license.

The man with the gun is Steve Thacker, 57.

Despite his rather intimidating appearance, Thacker is an IT engineer.

He’s also a member of a group supporting the carrying of weapons.

This image was taken as he openly chatted with press ahead of the Republican National convention in Cleveland, Ohio.
ad_213194347-e1468786559555.jpg
An estimated 50,000 people are expected in Cleveland, including hundreds of protesters and members of the media.

The four-day Republican National Convention kicks off on July 18.

The Cleveland Police Union have called for a ban on the open-carry of weapons in light of the targeted attacks on police in both Dallas and Baton Rouge.

Ohio Govenor John Kasich says he doesn’t have authority to suspend the state’s law allowing people to openly carry guns.

The request by union president Steve Loomis, but Kasich says Ohio governor's don’t have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or laws.
Thoughts?

Worldwide

my thoughts are that with ISIS and all going on in the world, I think I will stay away from Ohio if people are walking around like that.
How do the police manage to do their job when you can't tell the good guys from the bad guys?

beowulf

although its legal do it and its perfectly within his rights to do it, its got to be a foolhardy thing to do

Dee

I support people being able to carry, but having a rifle slung over your shoulder in certain places in this country is asking for trouble. Maybe if you were in a small country town where you used it for hunting or something and people grew up like that from the moment they were born it would be a different story, but life isn't the wild west anymore.

Top Bottom