• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

If He Was White the Cops Wouldn’t Have Shot Hi… Oh. Never Mind.

TRUE LIBERTY

YouTube – Wagoner police released video showing an officer-involved shooting incident from June. The police chief held a media briefing to explain what happened following a high-speed chase that ended near SW 13th and Polk on June 7. Body-cam footage ends with Wagoner Police Officer Robert Reynolds firing four rounds at Henson, killing him. Officers said the whole thing started as a routine traffic stop.

363393C800000578-3686615-image-m-14_1468346950478.jpg

Chief Bob Haley said a Wagoner County Deputy pulled Henson over, that’s when he found out Henson had a felony arrest warrant out of Mississippi for burglary. Officers say Henson drove off, leading the deputy and two Wagoner police officers on a 20-minute chase with speeds over 100 miles an hour. The chase ended when officers say Henson rear-ended one of the patrol cars and clipped it, causing him to spin out and roll his car.

READ THE REST HERE.
http://iotwreport.com/if-he-was-white-the-cops-wouldnt-have-shot-hi-oh-never-mind/

Webster

Chief Bob Haley said a Wagoner County Deputy pulled Henson over, that’s when he found out Henson had a felony arrest warrant out of Mississippi for burglary. Officers say Henson drove off, leading the deputy and two Wagoner police officers on a 20-minute chase with speeds over 100 miles an hour. The chase ended when officers say Henson rear-ended one of the patrol cars and clipped it, causing him to spin out and roll his car.
Let's see...guy resists arrest and the police shot him, unlike a lot of those black guys that've been for no apparent reason by the cops as of later....yeah, let's peddle that BS some more. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

TRUE LIBERTY

Let's see...guy resists arrest and the police shot him, unlike a lot of those black guys that've been for no apparent reason by the cops as of later....yeah, let's peddle that BS some more. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Your narrative is a outright lie. All the latest shootings have been either resisting arrest or not following the police mans orders.

Lonelylycan

This is stupid.. It's jumping out at me that as long as it's black people who cares.. But shot white people then your arrested. Police in America are being vigilanties.
A badge don't give you right to murder..

TRUE LIBERTY

This is stupid.. It's jumping out at me that as long as it's black people who cares.. But shot white people then your arrested. Police in America are being vigilanties.
A badge don't give you right to murder..
Sorry but the stats say the complete opposite.

Surprising New Evidence Shows Bias in Police Use of Force but Not in Shootings

By QUOCTRUNG BUI and AMANDA COX JULY 11, 2016

Continue reading the main storyShare This Page
  • Continue reading the main story
    Police officers are more likely to ...
    with blacks than with whites
    in similar situations
    use hands 2,165for every 10,000 stops
    in New York City 1,845for every 10,000 stops
    in New York City 17% more likely
    push into wall 623 529 18%
    use handcuffs* 310 266 16%
    draw weapons 155 129 19%
    push to ground 136 114 18%
    point weapon 54 43 24%
    use pepper spray or baton 5 4 25%
    * Handcuffs exclude arrests. Counts represent at least that level of force, based on stop-and-frisk data from 2003 to 2013. Similar situations account for gender, age, police precinct, the reason for the stop, whether the stop was indoors or outdoors, the time of day, whether the stop took place in a high-crime area or during a high-crime time, whether the officer was in uniform, the type of identification provided, and whether others were stopped at the same time.
    A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

The result contradicts the image of police shootings that many Americans hold after the killings (some captured on video) of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; Walter Scott in South Carolina; Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, La.; and Philando Castile in Minnesota.

The study did not say whether the most egregious examples — those at the heart of the nation’s debate on police shootings — are free of racial bias. Instead, it examined a larger pool of shootings, including nonfatal ones.

The counterintuitive results provoked debate after the study was posted on Monday, mostly about the volume of police encounters and the scope of the data. Mr. Fryer emphasizes that the work is not the definitive analysis of police shootings, and that more data would be needed to understand the country as a whole. This work focused only on what happens once the police have stopped civilians, not on the risk of being stopped at all. Other research has shown that blacks are more likely to be stopped by the police.

Photo
    11up-SUB-FORCE-master675.jpg
    Roland G. Fryer Jr., a professor of economics at Harvard. CreditErik Jacobs for The New York Times

Mr. Fryer, the youngest African-American to receive tenure at Harvard and the first to win a John Bates Clark medal, a prize given to the most promising American economist under 40, said anger after the deaths of Michael Brown, Freddie Gray and others drove him to study the issue. “You know, protesting is not my thing,” he said. “But data is my thing. So I decided that I was going to collect a bunch of data and try to understand what really is going on when it comes to racial differences in police use of force.”

He and student researchers spent about 3,000 hours assembling detailed data from police reports in Houston; Austin, Tex.; Dallas; Los Angeles; Orlando, Fla.; Jacksonville, Fla.; and four other counties in Florida.

They examined 1,332 shootings between 2000 and 2015, coding police narratives to answer questions such as: How old was the suspect? How many police officers were at the scene? Were they mostly white? Was the officer at the scene for a robbery, violent activity, a traffic stop or something else? Was it nighttime? Did the officer shoot after being attacked or before a possible attack? One goal was to determine if police officers were quicker to fire at black suspects.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html

Lonelylycan

come on your seeing and believing the newspapers, how small minded they are just as corrupt, bet your vote for donald trump ..he is a KKK member i bet..

TRUE LIBERTY

come on your seeing and believing the newspapers, how small minded they are just as corrupt, bet your vote for donald trump ..he is a KKK member i bet..
It is not from a newspaper it is from a long standing black professor who believed what you did until he proved himself wrong. Read it and learn.

Yes I am voting for Trump over the murdering Hillary. I would vote for my shoes over the treasonous Hillary.

Top Bottom