Hurricane thread

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Sandy?

Sandy was very strong in the hype department. Remember, we were there for it. FEMA had a contingent stationed at the hotel across from our house, the Weather Channel was in town, and a friend of mine took a picture with the CNN van.

As far as storm damage, that was more related to where it hit. A highly urbanized and sorely unprepared section of New Jersey. If it had struck, say, along Georgia or North Carolina, it would have been a different story, or, more likely, no 'story' at all.

DrLeftover

I love it.

The day after the TV weather guy talks about how "Earl" was a major threat to the Gulf and the Southern US, Earl fizzles out.

Yes, it gave Belize a bath, but that's all it did.

Webster

The day after the TV weather guy talks about how "Earl" was a major threat to the Gulf and the Southern US, Earl fizzles out.

Yes, it gave Belize a bath, but that's all it did.
*shrugs* Guess it liked Central America better than the Gulf Coast.... :LOL::LOL:

DrLeftover

(quoted material)
In less than two months (October 6, 2016) it will be 4,000 days since the last time a major hurricane made landfall in the U.S., which was Wilma on October 24, 2005.

Wilma was a record-setter, being the strongest Atlantic hurricane on record, with peak estimated sustained winds of 183 mph and lowest surface pressure of 882 mb. That surface pressure corresponds to a 13% removal of atmospheric mass in the core of the hurricane compared to normal sea level pressure.

But after the record-setting 2005 Atlantic hurricane season, with a whopping 27 named tropical storms, the bottom pretty much dropped out of hurricane activity since then.
(end quote)
http://www.drroyspencer.com/2016/08/will-we-reach-4000-days-since-a-major-hurricane-strike/

If AlGore was wrong about "more and stronger"......

Top Bottom