How do you respond to someone that asks,

Bluezone777

I find that staying quiet keeps the peace which I value more then most conversations which is what I would likely say in such a situation.

Besides, I find most people only listen so they can respond and have no interest in what you have to say or understanding anything about your point of view so talking with them is a waste of your time and runs the risk of trouble coming out of talking to the person with no actual benefit for having had the conversation. In the rare chance, I find someone that actually listens so you can be heard then I don't mind going into a long conversation with the person about whatever subject we mutually are interested in as those people actually want to know your point of view and understand it which makes having the conversation worth it even if I don't necessarily agree with the person on everything in regards to to the topic being discussed.

Angel

No Drama Zone!
It's just the way I am....does it bother you?

I really am a quiet person. I am a people watcher/listener. I can give good advice when needed, but for the most part... let's just say, I am not the life of the party. LOL

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Usually with a glare.

Sometimes I'll answer with something like: "I try to speak only when I have something worth listening to. How about you?"

S

Shortie861

Being a shy person around new people I tend to just respond with "I tend to be quiet" or "I tend to speak when spoken to rather than just blabber on"

Top Bottom