How do you deal with nuisance phonecalls ?

APS

Unarmed
As thread title says how do you deal with the never ending stream of nuisance calls ?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I have caller I.D. and any number I don't recognize, I let it go to my answering machine.

D

DaveM

Well when they call me on the mobile I just place the phone down on the desk next to me and come back when they have finally stopped talking to themselves :ROFLMAO:

APS

Unarmed
I too have caller ID if they don't leave a message I google the number you would be surprised what you can find out.
If what I find out is nothing I want then number is added to my call blocker.
Sometimes if I'm bored I'll pick the phone up but they usually end up wishing I hadn't :D

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Another good way to get rid of them is to blow a whistle real loud into the phone! LOL

Snog

It depends on if I'm in a good or bad mood.

If I'm in a bad mood, they get called every name in the book. :eek:

If I'm in a good mood, I'll sometimes play along with whatever they are selling/pandering.

Twice I've had my wife laughing hysterically and in tears from laughter. Once with one of those 'Windows security' calls where I spoke broken english and with an accent for nearly 30 minutes with whoever was on the other end. And again with a window salesman when I was constantly telling him we didn't have any windows and I had bricked them all up.

APS

Unarmed
The windows help line is the easiest to mess about with.
I either stop them after a short while and ask at what point did my PC give out my name and phone number or could they call back tomorrow so I can go out and buy a PC.

Lonelylycan

I blow a whistle if it's a regular..
But normally I turn the call round!

Top Bottom