Have you ever posted on a forum and felt like no one cared?

APS

Unarmed
Can't say it's ever happened to me.
If it did I would probably take my leave.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Happened to me once. I made an introduction thread and not one member even welcomed me. I would post topics and no one would reply. If I replied in a thread, they would quote the person above me and not me. Finally figured out there was a large clique there and they didn't like new people. I just left.

APS

Unarmed
Happened to me once. I made an introduction thread and not one member even welcomed me. I would post topics and no one would reply. If I replied in a thread, they would quote the person above me and not me. Finally figured out there was a large clique there and they didn't like new people. I just left.

If they didn't like new members how did they expect to grow and be successful.

Bluezone777

I don't think that was a concern for them. It was likely that they had all the people they wanted and everyone else can go off and split.

I don't think I ever had the problem because I tend to get my fair share of attention whenever I post something. Now not all of it is of course positive but they sure all cared even if it was only to attack it for one reason or another. :p

Reactions: APS
J

Justbec

@Jazzy that is sort of the case with me only I've been posting there a very long time. I don't get along with a member that everyone there gushes over. I simply ignore her but lately I get the feeling the 'owner' would rather I just not post. So I think I will do just that. She ignores most of my posts so why bother.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
@Jazzy that is sort of the case with me only I've been posting there a very long time. I don't get along with a member that everyone there gushes over. I simply ignore her but lately I get the feeling the 'owner' would rather I just not post. So I think I will do just that. She ignores most of my posts so why bother.
That's a shame since you've been there a long time. But I agree, why keep posting and helping a forum that doesn't appreciate all their members. I'd pack my ebags and leave.

Aura

Ive felt like this on a lot of forums. Just another number really. Very few forums these days get members involved i find.

APS

Unarmed
Ive felt like this on a lot of forums. Just another number really. Very few forums these days get members involved i find.

I thought someone spoke,perhaps not :ROTFL::ROTFL:

K

Kid B

That's sad. You're a very nice and friendly person.

Yes but it isn't about me, forums by their very nature contain a plethora of personalities, it's like being a sock tumbling around in the drier, I try and fit in wherever I go but as hard as you try you know you will never please everyone, fact it would be quite dull if there was never a debate or even an argument occasionally. I enjoy forums because I am better at expressing things in writing them but from experience I know to eschew hostilities and never take sides, I am on a forum to learn and be happy while learning.

J

Justbec

I think this is why I only post on 3 forums now. One being my own. We try very hard to make sure that anyone posting there is welcomed and engaged in conversations. The forum I was referring to sealed it for me today. I post and no one says a word. Someone else post the frigging radar for their area and they all went nuts. C'est la vie

Jazzy

Forum Admin
The forum I was referring to sealed it for me today. I post and no one says a word. Someone else post the frigging radar for their area and they all went nuts. C'est la vie
Good for you! They just lost a very friendly and nice person. Their loss!

K

Kid B

The forum I was referring to sealed it for me today. I post and no one says a word.

So many of those around. Likewise I am now down to a couple that I feel I can rely on and contribute to.

Hope it is okay to post this but something that I saw the other day.

2qwj12u.png
It looked like an eight year old had done it and when I checked, the greatest forum in the world had 54 members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom