Has the whole world gone crazy?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Even if she didn’t have Down syndrome, why the hell would you call the cops on a six-year-old for pointing a finger gun?!

From the article:

"A Pennsylvania elementary school called the police after a kindergartner with Down syndrome made a finger gun at her teacher. Officials concluded there wasn't a threat, but the girl's mother said they went too far.

Maggie Gaines called on the Tredyffrin-Easttown School District to update its threat assessment policy after her 6-year-old daughter Margot was questioned by administrators for making a gun gesture at her elementary school teacher and pretended to shoot her.

Gaines said it was a harmless expression of anger. But Margot's school in southeast Pennsylvania determined her actions appeared threatening, so they conducted a threat assessment.

Administrators concluded that Margot made a "transient threat" and didn't intend to harm anyone, but they still called Tredyffrin police."

More-->A school called police after a kindergartner with Down syndrome pointed a finger gun at her teacher. The girl's mom says they went too far
--------------------
Your thoughts about them calling the police?

Lämmchen

I saw this on the news and they explained that it's the policy when a threat is made to notify the police. I think the school board makes the policies and not the people who actually work at the school and they were following a procedure.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
You CAN NOT point to a situation where a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY has EVER made ANY situation BETTER.

Top Bottom