• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Happy with your ISP ?

APS

Unarmed
Are you happy with your ISP & what average speed do they provide you with ?

Ghoul

Yeah I'd say so. 200Mbps download is nice, more than 12Mbps upload would be better though. That being said I'm always using VPNs so I never actually use the full speed and for what I do on the web (watch a view videos, browse a few sites) I don't use it to it's full capacity. It's only really useful when downloading software updates.

marteebee

The Coventarian
It's OK, best I can do in my area anyway. Just a bit pissed that across the main road by me, that street can get fibre (like 150Mbps) whereas I'm stuck with crappy 8Mbps cause why not miss out our road....been three years of 'coming soon' so far.

Dee

I'm not happy with my ISP because of the company I have it through. Comcast is a disgrace to the business community, but they've practically monopolized the entire market. Fortunately, Google Fiber is making its way into Portland. I just hope that it happens fast so I can either go to them or have it shake Comcast up a bit and offer me lower prices. Either way, I'm going to get service through someone cheaper.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
We have Newwave Cable for internet only (yes, you can get Net without paying for cable TV from a Cable TV company). They are a small company, and when compared to Comcrap, it is tiny.

However, when we call, we seldom sit on hold for more than about five minutes, the last time we had an outage, there was a cable truck in our driveway the next morning, and he tested and replaced our modem without bitching about it or having to "call my manager".

Last year when lightning took out the feed for our entire neighborhood, they had a fleet of trucks up here that afternoon and service restored by about noon the next day.

Try either of those with that other cable company.

~KAGE-008

*meow*
No. They lately offer sluggish download speeds and isn't acceptable for online gaming (cannot enjoy SG: DeadZone due to lag in the evening.) It's like being on dial-up to be honest.

CommanderMadi

Don't Make Me Destroy You
I am going to use the famous hatred say "If I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and my ISP (assuming that my ISP is a person) and I have a gun with 2 bullets, I'd shoot my ISP TWICE"

Bry89

Well-Known Lurker
Been with Sky for four years now and, I can say that I've been happy with them. They've never let me down :)

Jazzy

Forum Admin
As you all must know by now, I have to use a dial up provider. I was using AOHell for years. They started to slow down my speed and it suddenly kept crashing every 10 - 15 minutes.

I found another dial up provider named Earthlink on November 20th. The speed is lightning fast and no 'down time' so far. *fingers crossed it stays like that*

Bry89

Well-Known Lurker
As you all must know by now, I have to use a dial up provider.
I didn't know that dial-up is still a thing, even in this generation. I guess it's still prevalent in rural areas and such. Also, I too was a customer of "AOHell" back in the day. When the thought it was funny to cut my internet completely off just because I didn't update my modem (and I couldn't), it took me the time to finally switch away from them and since then, things have been cool.

Top Bottom