Riddle Guess what a Finnish song is about

Kaunisto

Well, there's 506 of something he works on...
And "when I finish the last one, I have to start again from beginning".

Kaunisto

I doubt there's any connection, but that's correct.

What is this song worried about?

Kaunisto

Olkiluoto is a town in Finland. One of only couple places in the country that have certain thing...

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Olkiluoto is a town in Finland. One of only couple places in the country that have certain thing...
A Nuclear Power Plant - so maybe the song is about they are afraid that canisters full of nuclear waste will leak?

Kaunisto

Rather a bigger incident. The song mentions Harrisburg; it was made few years after Three Mile Island and starting of all nuclear power plants in Finland (new reactor is currently being added).
The song is sarcastic about the attitude of "it can't happen here", with title "Finland syndrome".

Another song from same band and era, this is "Farewell to rock'n'roll" - why?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Rather a bigger incident. The song mentions Harrisburg; it was made few years after Three Mile Island and starting of all nuclear power plants in Finland (new reactor is currently being added).
The song is sarcastic about the attitude of "it can't happen here", with title "Finland syndrome".

Another song from same band and era, this is "Farewell to rock'n'roll" - why?

Maybe they're afraid of a nuclear disaster or nuclear war too like in the other song posted by them.

Kaunisto

Right, this one is about nuclear war - more and less seriously: the band's guitarist (in retrospect considered one of best in Finland) is said to be out of job due ones with 16 fingers...

What is the profession of narrator's father and his own future dream in this song?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
What is the profession of narrator's father and his own future dream in this song?
Looking at this video of the same song I would say it has something to do with flying. Therefore, my guess is the father is a pilot and his dream is to have his son be a pilot too.

Kaunisto

Yeah, I had hard time finding a video where thumb didn't give it away...
To be exact, it's from the (young) boy's perspective, him admiring his father and flying in general.

Same question about this one:

Kaunisto

The answer was class reunion.

Next a mystery.
This song begins with words "there in forest lies dead man". What's the story?

Kaunisto

That was about a love triangle ending with murder. "When a man can't do anything else he stabs, stabs when he can do nothing else."

What is the common subject of these songs:

Top Bottom