• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Godzilla: Resurgence (2016)

Vengeance

Creatively influx.
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Godzilla: Resurgence

Tagline: Japan versus Godzilla

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action

Director: Hideaki Anno, Shinji Higuchi

Cast: Hiroki Hasegawa, Yutaka Takenouchi, Satomi Ishihara, Kengo Kora, Matsuo Satoru, Mikako Ichikawa, Issey Takahashi, Kanji Tsuda, Shinya Tsukamoto, Toru Nomaguchi, Daisuke Kuroda, Ren Osugi, Kimiko Yo, Akira Emoto, Sei Hiraizumi, Toru Tezuka, Kenichi Yajima, Akira Hamada, Ikuji Nakamura, Tetsu Watanabe, Jun Kunimura, Shingo Tsurumi, Jun Hashimoto, Pierre Taki, Takumi Saito, KREVA, Ken Mitsuishi, Kyusaku Shimada, Taro Suwa, Yû Kamio, Arata Furuta, Moro Morooka, Kôsei Katô, Shohei Abe, Keisuke Koide, Hairi Katagiri, Suzuki Matsuo, Takahiro Miura, Yôta Kawase, Ren Mori, Atsuko Maeda, Kazuo Hara, Isshin Inudô, Akira Ogata, Hideaki Anno, Kihachi Okamoto, Mansai Nomura, Mayumi Ogawa, Katsuhiko Yokomitsu

Release: 2016-07-29

Plot: Japan is plunged into chaos upon the appearance of a giant monster.

Howard

Good movie. I thought it was way better than most of the old films from the 50's and 60's.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
"Monsters are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, that is their tragedy."
Director Ishiro Honda (1911 - 1993)

But without Haruo Nakajima, there wouldn't have been the first Godzilla in 1954.

(he was the 'man in the rubber suit' that brought the creature to life, and suffered heatstroke because of it!)

A look at the monster, and the phenomena it gave birth to.
http://themediadesk.com/files9/godzilla.htm

(quoted)
"This is Tokyo. Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination. Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world. There were once many people here who could've told of what they saw... now there are only a few. My name is Steve Martin. I am a foreign correspondent for United World News. I was headed for an assignment in Cairo, when I stopped off in Tokyo for a social; but it turned out to be a visit to the living HELL of another world."
Opening voice over monologue by Raymond Burr in Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Toho production, released 1956

(end quote)

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
And then:

(quoted)
8 August

Original Godzilla suit actor Haruo Nakajima dies

The man who first bought the beloved and feared monster Godzilla to life has died, the film company behind the monster says.

Haruo Nakajima, who wore the Godzilla suit in 12 movies, died on Monday from pneumonia at the age of 88, it said.

In an interview this year Nakajima explained how the original 1954 costume was created from ready-mixed concrete and weighed up to 100kg (220lbs).

He said he studied animals in the Tokyo zoo to prepare for the role.
(end quote)
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40860365

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom