• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Gladiator (2000)

Howard

4.60 star(s) Rating: 4.60/5 5 Votes
Title: Gladiator

Tagline: A Hero Will Rise.

Genre: Action, Drama, Adventure

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen, Oliver Reed, Richard Harris, Derek Jacobi, Djimon Hounsou, David Schofield, John Shrapnel, Tomas Arana, Ralf Moeller, Tommy Flanagan, Spencer Treat Clark, David Hemmings, Sven-Ole Thorsen, Giannina Facio, Alun Raglan, Giorgio Cantarini, David Bailie, Omid Djalili, Nicholas McGaughey, Tony Curran, Mark Lewis, John Quinn, Al Hunter Ashton, Allan Corduner, Michael Mellinger, Said Amel, Adam Levy, Gilly Gilchrist, David Nicholls, Malcolm Ellul, Ray Mangion, James Fiddy, João Costa Menezes, Mike Mitchell, Norman Campbell Rees, Steve Saunders, Brian Smyj

Release: 2000-05-01

Runtime: 155

Plot: Gladiator is an epic film of love, death and betrayal set in the Roman Empire. General Maximus' success in battle earns the favour of an elderly Emperor at the expense of the Emperor's son. In a fit of jealous rage the son slays his father before turning his anger towards Maximus. Now reduced to a slave, his family dead, Maximus must fight as a gladiator to gain his freedom, and his revenge.

Vengeance

Creatively influx.
One of my favorite movies of all time if not my most favorite. I literally can watch this over and over again without ever growing tired or bored of it. Sometimes I like to rewatch certain scenes just because of the soundtrack alone.

Howard

One of my favorite movies of all time if not my most favorite. I literally can watch this over and over again without ever growing tired or bored of it. Sometimes I like to rewatch certain scenes just because of the soundtrack alone.
It sucked how Maximus got f***ed over by Commodus. But Maximus got even at the end.

Vengeance

Creatively influx.
It sucked how Maximus got f***ed over by Commodus. But Maximus got even at the end.
Were you honestly surprised by his betrayal? I wasn't. You know what they say though, those who do not wish for power, wield it greatest.

Oh yes. Definitely a cool soundtrack.
I know right, 'Now I Am Free' should be the soundtrack to my life, lol.

D

DaveM

This is an old movie but I only got to watching it now. Outstanding movie but very violent but really worth watching.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom