• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Suggestion - Resolved Gaming Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olmeca

I noticed that if you try to make a new thread in say like the Playstation board, it wants you to do some kind of link up in the title. I really don't think this is necessary and think it would be best to have that feature removed.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
Yeah.

Same with TV, Movies, etc.

I won't be posting very many new threads there.

If there's a general media discussion thread someplace where you can just type in stuff......

-- --

S

Stuart

Maybe just use this for reviews rather than just general chat about these topics as @DrLeftover suggested, you don't want to put people off posting because its more involved for a quick question or observation.

Dee

I agree that the video game section needs a general chat area where you can actually post a thread and talk about certain things and not just post about one specific video game. It's really weird when you want to make a thread about gamer tags but can't and only have the choice to type in a video game title... Was really confusing for me at one in the morning while I'm exhausted and trying to figure out a new forum and its functions.

DrLeftover

I don't like it that the 'database' creates the first post of the thread with a commercial for the movie/show/etc under discussion, complete with preview video.

If the board is getting paid for that, OK, but I don't like having my name attached to such spam.

Even if I'm the one starting the discussion.

--

Ghost

Shadows of Crow
Yeah, also there are newer games where the database doesn't have it so I'm forced to make a topic inside general instead of the right section. It's kinda weird.

Olmeca

Yeah, I think it would be best to just have one board for gaming instead of making multi boards for every platform. Be easier to just have it all under one thing only without any extras.

Ghost

Shadows of Crow
Yeah, I think it would be best to just have one board for gaming instead of making multi boards for every platform. Be easier to just have it all under one thing only without any extras.
I actually don't mind multiple subforums, but I think if it needs to be sorted it'd be better for like Console, PC, Mobile, Others.

Or even Video Games (Console and PC), Mobile, and others (board games and etc.) or whatever something along those lines.

D

DaveM

Apparently the same game can work differently on different platforms this is why we have them split as we do, I only do PC games and only found this out when I also questioned the one forum that did it like this.

Snog

I don't like it that the 'database' creates the first post of the thread with a commercial for the movie/show/etc under discussion, complete with preview video.

If the board is getting paid for that, OK, but I don't like having my name attached to such spam.

Even if I'm the one starting the discussion.

--
I'm going to chime in on this one. :)

It's not a commercial for the movie/show/etc., it's an overview of the show. I'll give an example of why it's there..

Let's say someone has been living under a rock for the past 6 years and knows nothing about Game of Thrones (Dave? :D) and someone starts a thread about it extolling the show and it's actors. Someone reading the thread may not know what the show is about or anything else about it. And I'll use the post by @DaveM about Game of Thrones as an example...
Game Of Thrones

What people would see without the first post containing the information about the show starts at post #2 and people would have no idea what the show was about at any point in that thread.

The first post gives all of the pertinent information about it so the person can make an informed decision on if they are, or may be interested in it.

Lee

I agree, I like the current movie / tv submission system.

Easy to use, informative and gives a good background for people wishing to discuss further.

DrLeftover

Agreed that it isn't exactly "a commercial", perhaps that was a bit of an overstatement on my part.

However.

It does attach your name to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom