• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Friday the 13th (2009)

Howard

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Friday the 13th

Tagline: Welcome to Crystal Lake

Genre: Horror

Director: Marcus Nispel

Cast: Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki, Danielle Panabaker, Amanda Righetti, Travis Van Winkle, Aaron Yoo, Jonathan Sadowski, Julianna Guill, Ben Feldman, Arlen Escarpeta, Ryan Hansen, Willa Ford, America Olivo, Stephanie Rhodes, Nana Visitor, Nick Mennell, Kyle Davis, Richard Burgi, Chris Coppola, Rosemary Knower, Bob King, Caleb Guss, Kathleen Garrett

Release: 2009-02-11

Runtime: 97

Plot: Ignoring the warnings of the locals, a group of teenage camp counselors takes on the job of reopening Camp Crystal Lake — on Friday the 13th no less, and raise the ire of Jason Voorhees, a masked, homicidal maniac.

Howard

I saw all the old movies of Jason. This would be the best one. The one that stands out above the rest.

McConnaughay

Among the horror remakes, Friday the 13th (2009) has to be the easiest to accomplish. The literal antithesis of Halloween, the hockey-playing slasher has never concerned him too much with depth or character-development. You aren't supposed to really relate to the characters or have a connection, but, rather, you're supposed to want to see them offed.

The remake was always held to a higher-standard by me in-comparison to the other remakes, in the sense I believe the film is actually better than the remakes. The characters aren't terrific, but they are capable, with a talented and seasoned cast, what the film lacks in creative kills it makes up for in small improvements across the board in-terms of film-making.

One of the reasons I feel this film worked better than others is because it isn't a remake in the same sense as, say, A Nightmare on Elm Street, but instead, it covers the first film in a few moments then it becomes classic-13th narrative storytelling, with, as I said, some small improvements.

Overall, it isn't a great film, or even necessarily a good one, but I did find something to enjoy as a fan of the genre and it, along with Freddy vs. Jason are my favorite this series has to offer.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom