French priest's throat slit in IS-claimed attack

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
The Islamic State group said Tuesday that two of its "soldiers" had attacked a French church, slitting a priest's throat in a country stunned by a series of jihadist attacks.

The hostage drama in the Normandy town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray comes with France already shaken to the core after a massacre in the French Riviera city of Nice less than two weeks ago, which left 84 people dead and was also claimed by IS.
https://www.afp.com/en/news/23/french-priests-throat-slit-claimed-attack

D

DaveM

I was watching this news broadcast on Sky News today, looks like we can brace ourselves for many more attacks like this in the future, it is so sad that we need to live in times like these :(

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
It is obviously Bush's fault.

Al Qaeda was content to just sit in their mosques and read to each other before he attacked them without warning or provocation.

J

Justbec

I find nothing to joke or be sarcastic about here. A priest lost his life simply for being a priest. When does it stop?

TRUE LIBERTY

When the world wakes up and realizes we are in a world war with Islam and we need to start acting like it. But what is really going to wake people up is when Islam manages to get in a chemical or nuke into one of those cities than we will see that awakening we need to see.

Webster

I find nothing to joke or be sarcastic about here. A priest lost his life simply for being a priest. When does it stop?
*scratches head in thought* No offense here, but I wasn't being sarcastic about the death of the priest; I was being sarcastic about the inference of Doc's comment (namely that the attack was Bush 43's fault) and the ridiculousness of it (I'll explain later).

No one is blaming Bush 43 for what happened; we know full well who did it...but if we follow the Trump-GOP School of Thought on this, we should continue running around with our heads cut off (no pun intended) instead of dealing with these bastards in a calm, rational, serious manner....yes, bad things happen, Justbec, and yes, we must remain vigilant in this day and age, but I also believe that a good number of us are beginning to let fear and anger rule their every living thought (just read Liberty's comment as an example) and I was merely commenting on what Doc posted with my sarcastic remark.

Was it in bad taste? Perhaps....and if it was, I apologize for saying it. e5328621.gif

Top Bottom