Suggestion - Resolved Forum discussion sub forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluezone777

I was thinking of putting up the idea about having a forum discussion forum on here that would be best placed as a sub forum of internet and technology. Wober used to have one on there when it was around if anyone needs an idea of what it would look like.

It would basically be a place where people can discuss forums and share their opinions about the many aspects of being on a forum. It could also be a place for Dave and Jazzy to float future ideas about this forum as a discussion topic in this sub forum to see how it would be taken without having to actually implement it first to find that out as was the case with the recent groups that were put in and then quickly removed.

I already seen a few topics about forums in the internet and technology forum so I could see it getting decent enough use as a sub forum so what do you all think?

D

DaveM

The funny thing I am just busy trying to restructure this forum area into different thread prefixes that could be selected to separate the topics posted here into different categories, would this not also be an effective way of handling this?

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Bluezone777

I am not really used to having those kinds of abilities so most of my thinking comes from being on free boards like Zetaboards which doesn't have that kind of feature available. If there is another way to do it that doesn't require more forums and sub forums that is as effective or more effective then making forums then do what you think would work best. :)

D

DaveM

These are the Thread Prefixes I was thinking of using, the last one "Possible New Feature" being for admin to use. So when you create a thread in this area you would select the appropriate thread prefix for your topic at hand.

upload_2016-8-1_16-23-16.png

As you will also notice I changed the prefix in this thread to suggestion

Tanya

sub forums can be both a good thing and a bad one. Good because it would allow you to break down topics into categories and allow for more topics of a like nature w/o all the clutter a single forum often has. But... on the same note, too many sub forums can become cluttered and create chaos. Creating the right sub forums to go with their main would allow for a clean and almost clutter free forum. (and/or topic... just depends on the amount of topics and activity)

what blue is suggesting(it works like a forum in a forum) isn't a bad idea but what Dave just shared has a better "clean forum" resolution.

Both ideas could be implemented together but might just take a bit too much work so early in. I noticed that clutter isn't something wanted on this forum tho it too has it merits lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom