• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Fired lunchroom worker

Jazzy

Forum Admin
From the article:

"Now, the student's mother is weighing in on the controversy and told the New Hampshire Union Leader that Kimball sent her son Facebook messages trying to cover-up her giving him the free food. In a March 28 message, Kimball allegedly told the teenager to pay his lunch tab because her manager saw her give the student food and would be there again the next day.

The student's mother also said the perception of Kimball acting charitably towards a child in need was incorrect, saying her son is well taken care of and was supposed to pack his own lunch for school."

Full article--->Fired lunchroom worker hadn't charged student for 3 months, her former employer says
---------------------
The only thing that's obvious here is that the mother didn't supervise her teenager and he ended up not packing his own lunch. That's not good either.

Who's fault is it (aside from the teenager)? The lunch lady? or the mother's? How is the lunch lady supposed to know that the kid had food at home anyway?

psalms91

Either way he needed to eat and I commend the worker and hope someone hires her at a better job. She should be rewarded, not fired

Howard

People get fired every day for trying to do the right thing. I don't think the school should have fired the lunch lady though. There could have been other ways the school could have gone about solving this problem. Instead they made a choice and executed that choice and I don't think the person or persons in charge are going to lose any sleep over it.

Angel

No Drama Zone!
I don't see a problem with the worker giving this child a free lunch. There is so much food thrown away. I would bet on any given day that far more lunches were toss away as leftover food. Feed the kids! Put the lunch worker back to work. A mom... make sure your kid is going to school with his lunch. There are many layers to this story.

Top Bottom