• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Family Guy

K

Kid B

3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Family Guy

Genre: Animation, Comedy

First aired: 1999-01-31

Creator: Seth MacFarlane

Cast: Alex Borstein, Mila Kunis, Seth Green, Seth MacFarlane

Overview: Sick, twisted, politically incorrect and Freakin' Sweet animated series featuring the adventures of the dysfunctional Griffin family. Bumbling Peter and long-suffering Lois have three kids. Stewie (a brilliant but sadistic baby bent on killing his mother and taking over the world), Meg (the oldest, and is the most unpopular girl in town) and Chris (the middle kid, he's not very bright but has a passion for movies). The final member of the family is Brian - a talking dog and much more than a pet, he keeps Stewie in check whilst sipping Martinis and sorting through his own life issues.

K

Kid B

What I love most is it's largely non-American approach. One episode I saw even ripped the piss out of baseball. The innuendoes can be quite explicit and very British (phnarr phnarr) but also easily missed sometimes.

BRIAN: "You mean I can actually enter your dream?"
STEWIE: "That's right Brian - I want you to come inside me while I'm asleep"

What I hate most is the fact it's so racist (anti-Semitic), sometimes I am wondering how they get away with it and when it's overcooked with stuff like ITALIANS ARE NOT JEWS it's pretty embarrassing.

So what do others think? Of the MacFarlane cannon, Family Guy is tops, no? American Dad, Bordertown and Cleveland show pale by comparison IMO.

ShadowWolf

I use to like it but after a episode where stewie and Brian were stuck in a bank I stopped watching it at all.

Kaunisto

Must've been years that we've had random reruns 5 days a week, so I watch whenever there's nothing better on.

Brian & Stewie stuff are usually the best parts unless there's too much of them. When the an episode is centered on one or both of them, it starts to get boring.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom